Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractN-type PbS colloidal-quantum-dot (CQD) films are fabricated using a controlled halide chemical treatment, applied in an inert processing ambient environment. The new materials exhibit a mobility of 0.1 cm2 V -1 s-1. The halogen ions serve both as a passivating agent and n-dope the films via substitution at surface chalcogen sites. The majority electron concentration across the range 1016 to 1018 cm-3 is varied systematically. © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationZhitomirsky D, Furukawa M, Tang J, Stadler P, Hoogland S, et al. (2012) N-Type Colloidal-Quantum-Dot Solids for Photovoltaics. Advanced Materials 24: 6181–6185. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201202825.
SponsorsWe thank Angstrom Engineering and Innovative Technology for useful discussions regarding material-deposition methods and control of the glovebox environment, respectively. The authors would like to acknowledge the technical assistance and scientific guidance of E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic. This publication is based, in part, on work supported by Award KUS-11-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program, and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. D.Z. acknowledges financial support through the NSERC CGS D Scholarship.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Ordered nanopillar structured electrodes for depleted bulk heterojunction colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Kramer IJ, Zhitomirsky D, Bass JD, Rice PM, Topuria T, Krupp L, Thon SM, Ip AH, Debnath R, Kim HC, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2012 May 2
- Enhanced mobility-lifetime products in PbS colloidal quantum dot photovoltaics.
- Authors: Jeong KS, Tang J, Liu H, Kim J, Schaefer AW, Kemp K, Levina L, Wang X, Hoogland S, Debnath R, Brzozowski L, Sargent EH, Asbury JB
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 24
- Infrared colloidal quantum dots for photovoltaics: fundamentals and recent progress.
- Authors: Tang J, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 4
- Hybrid passivated colloidal quantum dot solids.
- Authors: Ip AH, Thon SM, Hoogland S, Voznyy O, Zhitomirsky D, Debnath R, Levina L, Rollny LR, Carey GH, Fischer A, Kemp KW, Kramer IJ, Ning Z, Labelle AJ, Chou KW, Amassian A, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Depleted-heterojunction colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Pattantyus-Abraham AG, Kramer IJ, Barkhouse AR, Wang X, Konstantatos G, Debnath R, Levina L, Raabe I, Nazeeruddin MK, Grätzel M, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 22