Multi-Temperature Zone, Droplet-based Microreactor for Increased Temperature Control in Nanoparticle Synthesis
Online Publication Date2013-12-12
Print Publication Date2014-03
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598903
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMicroreactors are an emerging technology for the controlled synthesis of nanoparticles. The Multi-Temperature zone Microreactor (MTM) described in this work utilizes thermally isolated heated and cooled regions for the purpose of separating nucleation and growth processes as well as to provide a platform for a systematic study on the effect of reaction conditions on nanoparticle synthesis. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationErdem EY, Cheng JC, Doyle FM, Pisano AP (2013) Multi-Temperature Zone, Droplet-based Microreactor for Increased Temperature Control in Nanoparticle Synthesis. Small 10: 1076–1080. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201302379.
SponsorsE.Y. Erdem would like to acknowledge Jane Lewis Fellowship (UC Berkeley, Department of Material Science & Engineering). Authors are grateful to King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for funding this project.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Synthesis of goethite by separation of the nucleation and growth processes of ferrihydrite nanoparticles using microfluidics.
- Authors: Abou-Hassan A, Sandre O, Neveu S, Cabuil V
- Issue date: 2009
- Preparation of calcium hydroxyapatite nanoparticles using microreactor and their characteristics of protein adsorption.
- Authors: Kandori K, Kuroda T, Togashi S, Katayama E
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 3
- Droplet-based microreactor for the production of micro/nano-materials.
- Authors: Liu L, Xiang N, Ni Z
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Millisecond-Timescale Monitoring of PbS Nanoparticle Nucleation and Growth Using Droplet-Based Microfluidics.
- Authors: Lignos I, Stavrakis S, Kilaj A, deMello AJ
- Issue date: 2015 Aug 26
- Inkjet Printing of a Micro/Nanopatterned Surface to Serve as Microreactor Arrays.
- Authors: Kuang M, Wu L, Huang Z, Wang J, Zhang X, Song Y
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 8