Metal–organic framework membranes: from synthesis to separation application
KAUST Grant NumberCRG-1-2012-LAI-009
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598813
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMetal-organic framework (MOF) materials, which are constructed from metal ions or metal ion clusters and bridging organic linkers, exhibit regular crystalline lattices with relatively well-defined pore structures and interesting properties. As a new class of porous solid materials, MOFs are attractive for a variety of industrial applications including separation membranes-a rapidly developing research area. Many reports have discussed the synthesis and applications of MOFs and MOF thin films, but relatively few have addressed MOF membranes. This critical review provides an overview of the diverse MOF membranes that have been prepared, beginning with a brief introduction to the current techniques for the fabrication of MOF membranes. Gas and liquid separation applications with different MOF membranes are also included (175 references). This journal is © the Partner Organisations 2014.
CitationQiu S, Xue M, Zhu G (2014) Metal–organic framework membranes: from synthesis to separation application. Chem Soc Rev 43: 6116–6140. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c4cs00159a.
SponsorsThis work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (21390394), the National Basic Research Program of China (2012CB821700, 2011CB808703), NSFC (21101072, 21261130584, 91022030), "111" project (B07016), and Award Project of KAUST (CRG-1-2012-LAI-009).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalChem. Soc. Rev.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Metal-organic frameworks based membranes for liquid separation.
- Authors: Li X, Liu Y, Wang J, Gascon J, Li J, Van der Bruggen B
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 27
- Metal-organic framework growth at functional interfaces: thin films and composites for diverse applications.
- Authors: Bradshaw D, Garai A, Huo J
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 21
- MOF thin films: existing and future applications.
- Authors: Shekhah O, Liu J, Fischer RA, Wöll Ch
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Metal-organic framework composites: from fundamentals to applications.
- Authors: Li S, Huo F
- Issue date: 2015 May 7
- Metal-organic framework composites.
- Authors: Zhu QL, Xu Q
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 21