Mesoscopic structure prediction of nanoparticle assembly and coassembly: Theoretical foundation
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this work, we present a theoretical framework that unifies polymer field theory and density functional theory in order to efficiently predict ordered nanostructure formation of systems having considerable complexity in terms of molecular structures and interactions. We validate our approach by comparing its predictions with previous simulation results for model systems. We illustrate the flexibility of our approach by applying it to hybrid systems composed of block copolymers and ligand coated nanoparticles. We expect that our approach will enable the treatment of multicomponent self-assembly with a level of molecular complexity that approaches experimental systems. © 2010 American Institute of Physics.
CitationHur K, Hennig RG, Escobedo FA, Wiesner U (2010) Mesoscopic structure prediction of nanoparticle assembly and coassembly: Theoretical foundation. J Chem Phys 133: 194108. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.3502680.
SponsorsThis publication was based on work supported by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The calculations have been performed using computational resources of the Computational Center for Nanotechnology Innovation (CCNI) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
JournalThe Journal of Chemical Physics
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Nanoparticle-directed self-assembly of amphiphilic block copolymers.
- Authors: Kamps AC, Sanchez-Gaytan BL, Hickey RJ, Clarke N, Fryd M, Park SJ
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 7
- Self-organization process of ordered structures in linear and star poly(styrene)-poly(isoprene) block copolymers: Gaussian models and mesoscopic parameters of polymeric systems.
- Authors: Soto-Figueroa C, Vicente L, Martínez-Magadan JM, Rodríguez-Hidalgo MD
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 11
- Self-assembly of Janus nanoparticles in diblock copolymers.
- Authors: Yan LT, Popp N, Ghosh SK, Böker A
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 23
- A theoretical study for nanoparticle partitioning in the lamellae of diblock copolymers.
- Authors: Jin J, Wu J
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 21
- Selectivity- and size-induced segregation of molecular and nanoscale species in microphase-ordered triblock copolymers.
- Authors: Spontak RJ, Shankar R, Bowman MK, Krishnan AS, Hamersky MW, Samseth J, Bockstaller MR, Rasmussen KØ
- Issue date: 2006 Sep