Mathematical modeling and simulation of nanopore blocking by precipitation
Siwy, Z S
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-007-43
Online Publication Date2010-10-29
Print Publication Date2010-11-17
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598769
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh surface charges of polymer pore walls and applied electric fields can lead to the formation and subsequent dissolution of precipitates in nanopores. These precipitates block the pore, leading to current fluctuations. We present an extended Poisson-Nernst-Planck system which includes chemical reactions of precipitation and dissolution. We discuss the mathematical modeling and present 2D numerical simulations. © 2010 IOP Publishing Ltd.
CitationWolfram M-T, Burger M, Siwy ZS (2010) Mathematical modeling and simulation of nanopore blocking by precipitation. J Phys: Condens Matter 22: 454101. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0953-8984/22/45/454101.
SponsorsMB has been supported by the Volkswagen Stiftung, Grant No. I/83-928. MTW has been supported by Award No. KUK-I1-007-43, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). ZS was supported by the National Science Foundation (CMMI 0825661). The authors thank R S Eisenberg (Rush Medical University) for useful and stimulating discussions.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Driven polymer transport through a nanopore controlled by a rotating electric field: off-lattice computer simulations.
- Authors: Tsai YS, Chen CM
- Issue date: 2007 Apr 14
- Current oscillations generated by precipitate formation in the mixing zone between two solutions inside a nanopore.
- Authors: Yusko EC, Billeh YN, Mayer M
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 17
- Dynamics of completely unfolded and native proteins through solid-state nanopores as a function of electric driving force.
- Authors: Oukhaled A, Cressiot B, Bacri L, Pastoriza-Gallego M, Betton JM, Bourhis E, Jede R, Gierak J, Auvray L, Pelta J
- Issue date: 2011 May 24
- Velocity of polymer translocation through a pore.
- Authors: Kejian D, Furu Z, Dongqin C, Zengliang Y
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 3
- Driven translocation of a polynucleotide chain through a nanopore: a continuous time Monte Carlo study.
- Authors: Lam PM, Liu F, Ou-Yang ZC
- Issue date: 2006 Jul