Marginal longitudinal semiparametric regression via penalized splines
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-CI-016-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598758
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe study the marginal longitudinal nonparametric regression problem and some of its semiparametric extensions. We point out that, while several elaborate proposals for efficient estimation have been proposed, a relative simple and straightforward one, based on penalized splines, has not. After describing our approach, we then explain how Gibbs sampling and the BUGS software can be used to achieve quick and effective implementation. Illustrations are provided for nonparametric regression and additive models.
CitationAl Kadiri M, Carroll RJ, Wand MP (2010) Marginal longitudinal semiparametric regression via penalized splines. Statistics & Probability Letters 80: 1242–1252. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2010.04.002.
SponsorsWand’s research was partially supported by Australian Research Council Discovery Project DP0877055. Carroll’s research was supported by a grant from the US National Cancer Institute (CA57030) and by Award Number KUS-CI-016-04, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia.
JournalStatistics & Probability Letters
PubMed Central IDPMC2964941
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Efficient Semiparametric Marginal Estimation for the Partially Linear Additive Model for Longitudinal/Clustered Data.
- Authors: Carroll R, Maity A, Mammen E, Yu K
- Issue date: 2009 May 1
- Maximum penalized likelihood estimation in semiparametric mark-recapture-recovery models.
- Authors: Michelot T, Langrock R, Kneib T, King R
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Unimodal regression using Bernstein-Schoenberg splines and penalties.
- Authors: Köllmann C, Bornkamp B, Ickstadt K
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Semiparametric Mixed Models for Medical Monitoring Data: An Overview.
- Authors: Szczesniak RD, Li D, Raouf SA
- Issue date: 2015
- Semiparametric regression during 2003-2007.
- Authors: Ruppert D, Wand MP, Carroll RJ
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 1