Lyapunov functions and global stability for SIR and SEIR models with age-dependent susceptibility
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-C1-013-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598746
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe consider global asymptotic properties for the SIR and SEIR age structured models for infectious diseases where the susceptibility depends on the age. Using the direct Lyapunov method with Volterra type Lyapunov functions, we establish conditions for the global stability of a unique endemic steady state and the infection-free steady state.
CitationKorobeinikov A, Melnik AV (2013) Lyapunov functions and global stability for SIR and SEIR models with age-dependent susceptibility. Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering 10: 369–378. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.3934/mbe.2013.10.369.
SponsorsThis work is supported by SFI grant 06/MI/005.This work was supported by the Mathematics Applications Consortium for Science and Industry (www.macsi.ul.ie) funded by the Science Foundation Ireland Mathematics Initiative Grant 06/MI/005; by the Ministry of Science and Innovation of Spain via Ramon y Cajal Fellowship RYC-2011-08061 (A. Korobeinikov), and by Award No KUK-C1-013-04, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) (A. Melnik).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Global asymptotic properties of staged models with multiple progression pathways for infectious diseases.
- Authors: Melnik AV, Korobeinikov A
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 1
- Dynamic analysis of an SEIR model with distinct incidence for exposed and infectives.
- Authors: Li J, Cui N
- Issue date: 2013
- Global properties of SIR and SEIR epidemic models with multiple parallel infectious stages.
- Authors: Korobeinikov A
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Global stability for an SEIR epidemiological model with varying infectivity and infinite delay.
- Authors: McCluskey CC
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Resistance mechanisms matter in SIR models.
- Authors: Reluga TC, Medlock J
- Issue date: 2007 Jul