Low Reflectivity and High Flexibility of Tin-Doped Indium Oxide Nanofiber Transparent Electrodes
Cha, Judy J.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-II-001-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598739
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTin-doped indium oxide (ITO) has found widespread use in solar cells, displays, and touch screens as a transparent electrode; however, two major problems with ITO remain: high reflectivity (up to 10%) and insufficient flexibility. Together, these problems severely limit the applications of ITO films for future optoelectronic devices. In this communication, we report the fabrication of ITO nanofiber network transparent electrodes. The nanofiber networks show optical reflectivity as low as 5% and high flexibility; the nanofiber networks can be bent to a radius of 2 mm with negligible changes in the sheet resistance. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationWu H, Hu L, Carney T, Ruan Z, Kong D, et al. (2011) Low Reflectivity and High Flexibility of Tin-Doped Indium Oxide Nanofiber Transparent Electrodes. Journal of the American Chemical Society 133: 27–29. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ja109228e.
SponsorsY.C. acknowledges support by a King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Investigator Award (KUS-11-001-12) and the U.S. Department of Energy. S.F. acknowledges support from the U.S. Department of Energy (DE-F602-07ER46426).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Electrospun metal nanofiber webs as high-performance transparent electrode.
- Authors: Wu H, Hu L, Rowell MW, Kong D, Cha JJ, McDonough JR, Zhu J, Yang Y, McGehee MD, Cui Y
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 13
- Highly Flexible Indium Tin Oxide Nanofiber Transparent Electrodes by Blow Spinning.
- Authors: Wang H, Liao S, Bai X, Liu Z, Fang M, Liu T, Wang N, Wu H
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 7
- Patterned indium tin oxide nanofiber films and their electrical and optical performance.
- Authors: Munir MM, Widiyandari H, Iskandar F, Okuyama K
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 17
- Ti-doped indium tin oxide thin films for transparent field-effect transistors: control of charge-carrier density and crystalline structure.
- Authors: Kim JI, Ji KH, Jang M, Yang H, Choi R, Jeong JK
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Nanostructured indium-tin-oxide films fabricated by all-solution processing for functional transparent electrodes.
- Authors: Lee SH, Ha NY
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 24