Isospecific polymerization of racemic epoxides: a catalyst system for the synthesis of highly isotactic polyethers
AuthorsWidger, Peter C. B.
Ahmed, Syud M.
Thomas, Renee M.
Lobkovsky, Emil B.
Coates, Geoffrey W.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA highly active bimetallic cobalt catalyst system is reported for the polymerization of racemic terminal epoxides to yield isotactic polyethers. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2010.
CitationWidger PCB, Ahmed SM, Hirahata W, Thomas RM, Lobkovsky EB, et al. (2010) Isospecific polymerization of racemic epoxides: a catalyst system for the synthesis of highly isotactic polyethers. Chem Commun 46: 2935. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/b926888j.
SponsorsWe acknowledge the NSF (CHE-0809778) and the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST; Award No. KUS-C1-018-02) for support of this research. The authors are grateful for the help of T. Mourey at Kodak for polymer molecular weight determination.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Enantioselective epoxide polymerization using a bimetallic cobalt catalyst.
- Authors: Thomas RM, Widger PC, Ahmed SM, Jeske RC, Hirahata W, Lobkovsky EB, Coates GW
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 24
- Enantioselective polymerization of epoxides: a highly active and selective catalyst for the preparation of stereoregular polyethers and enantiopure epoxides.
- Authors: Hirahata W, Thomas RM, Lobkovsky EB, Coates GW
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 31
- Isospecific, Chain Shuttling Polymerization of Propylene Oxide Using a Bimetallic Chromium Catalyst: A New Route to Semicrystalline Polyols.
- Authors: Childers MI, Vitek AK, Morris LS, Widger PCB, Ahmed SM, Zimmerman PM, Coates GW
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 16
- Asymmetric catalysis with water: efficient kinetic resolution of terminal epoxides by means of catalytic hydrolysis.
- Authors: Tokunaga M, Larrow JF, Kakiuchi F, Jacobsen EN
- Issue date: 1997 Aug 15
- A highly active, isospecific cobalt catalyst for propylene oxide polymerization.
- Authors: Peretti KL, Ajiro H, Cohen CT, Lobkovsky EB, Coates GW
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 24