Ionic Liquid-Nanoparticle Hybrid Electrolytes and their Application in Secondary Lithium-Metal Batteries
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Online Publication Date2012-07-12
Print Publication Date2012-08-22
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598673
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIonic liquid-tethered nanoparticle hybrid electrolytes comprised of silica nanoparticles densely grafted with imidazolium-based ionic liquid chains are shown to retard lithium dendrite growth in rechargeable batteries with metallic lithium anodes. The electrolytes are demonstrated in full cell studies using both high-energy Li/MoS2 and high-power Li/TiO2 secondary batteries. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationLu Y, Das SK, Moganty SS, Archer LA (2012) Ionic Liquid-Nanoparticle Hybrid Electrolytes and their Application in Secondary Lithium-Metal Batteries. Advanced Materials 24: 4430–4435. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201201953.
SponsorsThis publication is based on work supported in part by the National Science Foundation, Partnership for Innovation Program (PFI, grant# 1114275) and Award No. KUS-C1-018-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST). Facilities available through the Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR) were also used for this study.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Robust cycling of Li-O2 batteries through the synergistic effect of blended electrolytes.
- Authors: Kim BG, Lee JN, Lee DJ, Park JK, Choi JW
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Electrochemical characterisation of a lithium-ion battery electrolyte based on mixtures of carbonates with a ferrocene-functionalised imidazolium electroactive ionic liquid.
- Authors: Forgie JC, El Khakani S, MacNeil DD, Rochefort D
- Issue date: 2013 May 28
- Ambient lithium-SO2 batteries with ionic liquids as electrolytes.
- Authors: Xing H, Liao C, Yang Q, Veith GM, Guo B, Sun XG, Ren Q, Hu YS, Dai S
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 17
- Interfacial characteristics of a PEGylated imidazolium bistriflamide ionic liquid electrolyte at a lithium ion battery cathode of LiMn2O4.
- Authors: Rock SE, Wu L, Crain DJ, Krishnan S, Roy D
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Ionic liquid-based membranes as electrolytes for advanced lithium polymer batteries.
- Authors: Navarra MA, Manzi J, Lombardo L, Panero S, Scrosati B
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 17