Integrated Materials Design of Organic Semiconductors for Field-Effect Transistors
Online Publication Date2013-04-26
Print Publication Date2013-05-08
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598635
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe past couple of years have witnessed a remarkable burst in the development of organic field-effect transistors (OFETs), with a number of organic semiconductors surpassing the benchmark mobility of 10 cm2/(V s). In this perspective, we highlight some of the major milestones along the way to provide a historical view of OFET development, introduce the integrated molecular design concepts and process engineering approaches that lead to the current success, and identify the challenges ahead to make OFETs applicable in real applications. © 2013 American Chemical Society.
CitationMei J, Diao Y, Appleton AL, Fang L, Bao Z (2013) Integrated Materials Design of Organic Semiconductors for Field-Effect Transistors. Journal of the American Chemical Society 135: 6724–6746. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ja400881n.
SponsorsThis work is supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, the Department of Energy, Laboratory Directed Research and Development funding, under contract DE-AC02-76SF00515, Air Force Office of Scientific Research (FA9550-12-1-01906), National Science Foundation (DMR-1006989) and DARPA Qube Program. We also acknowledge the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Postdoctoral Program in Environmental Chemistry, and the support from the Global Climate and Energy Program at Stanford.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- 25th anniversary article: key points for high-mobility organic field-effect transistors.
- Authors: Dong H, Fu X, Liu J, Wang Z, Hu W
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 20
- Functional organic field-effect transistors.
- Authors: Guo Y, Yu G, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 25
- Novel semiconducting quinone for air-stable n-type organic field-effect transistors.
- Authors: Mamada M, Kumaki D, Nishida J, Tokito S, Yamashita Y
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Interface engineering of semiconductor/dielectric heterojunctions toward functional organic thin-film transistors.
- Authors: Zhang H, Guo X, Hui J, Hu S, Xu W, Zhu D
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 9
- Multi-functional integration of organic field-effect transistors (OFETs): advances and perspectives.
- Authors: Di CA, Zhang F, Zhu D
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 18