KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-016-04
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present an inference-based surface reconstruction algorithm that is capable of identifying objects of interest among a cluttered scene, and reconstructing solid model representations even in the presence of occluded surfaces. Our proposed approach incorporates a predictive modeling framework that uses a set of user-provided models for prior knowledge, and applies this knowledge to the iterative identification and construction process. Our approach uses a local to global construction process guided by rules for fitting high-quality surface patches obtained from these prior models. We demonstrate the application of this algorithm on several example data sets containing heavy clutter and occlusion. © 2012 IEEE.
CitationBiggers K, Keyser J (2012) Inference-Based Surface Reconstruction of Cluttered Environments. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 18: 1255–1267. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2011.263.
SponsorsThis work was supported in part by US National ScienceFoundation (NSF) Grant IIS-0917286 and by AwardNo. KUS-C1-016-04 from King Abdullah University ofScience and Technology. The authors would like to thankAnn McNamara for the use of her scanner and laboratory,and the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository for the Bunnymodel used in our figures.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- An orientation inference framework for surface reconstruction from unorganized point clouds.
- Authors: Chen YL, Lai SH
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Visibility in three-dimensional cluttered scenes.
- Authors: Langer MS, Mannan F
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 1
- Using language to learn structured appearance models for image annotation.
- Authors: Jamieson M, Fazly A, Stevenson S, Dickinson S, Wachsmuth S
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Data-driven Indoor Scene Modeling from a Single Color Image with Iterative Object Segmentation and Model Retrieval.
- Authors: Liu M, Zhang K, Zhu J, Wang J, Guo J, Guo Y
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 12
- Analysis of cluttered scenes using an elastic matching approach for stereo images.
- Authors: Eckes C, Triesch J, von der Malsburg C
- Issue date: 2006 Jun