High-Efficiency Solid-State Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Fast Charge Extraction through Self-Assembled 3D Fibrous Network of Crystalline TiO 2 Nanowires
Zakeeruddin, Shaik M.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHerein, we present a novel morphology for solid-state dye-sensitized solar cells based on the simple and straightforward self-assembly of nanorods into a 3D fibrous network of fused single-crystalline anatase nanowires. This architecture offers a high roughness factor, significant light scattering, and up to several orders of magnitude faster electron transport to reach a near-record-breaking conversion efficiency of 4.9%. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationTétreault N, Horváth E, Moehl T, Brillet J, Smajda R, et al. (2010) High-Efficiency Solid-State Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells: Fast Charge Extraction through Self-Assembled 3D Fibrous Network of Crystalline TiO 2 Nanowires . ACS Nano 4: 7644–7650. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nn1024434.
SponsorsThis publication was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST, Award No KUS-C1-015-21). J.B. received financial support from a Marie Curie Research Training Network, Hydrogen Project (MRTN-CT-2006-032474). N.C. and P.W. thank the financial support from the National Key Scientific Program (No. 2007CB936700) and the National Science Foundation of China (No. 50973105). This work was partially supported by the european project MULTIPLAT (NMP4-SL-2009-228943). T.M. acknowledges the ECR advanced grant agreement (No. 247404) under the CE-Mesolight project funded by the European community's 7th FWP.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Dye-sensitized solar cells based on anatase TiO2 nanoparticle/nanowire composites.
- Authors: Tan B, Wu Y
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 17
- Highly efficient dye-sensitized solar cells with a titania thin-film electrode composed of a network structure of single-crystal-like TiO2 nanowires made by the "oriented attachment" mechanism.
- Authors: Adachi M, Murata Y, Takao J, Jiu J, Sakamoto M, Wang F
- Issue date: 2004 Nov 17
- Controlled fabrication of TiO2 rutile nanorod/anatase nanoparticle composite photoanodes for dye-sensitized solar cell application.
- Authors: Peng W, Yanagida M, Han L, Ahmed S
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 8
- Microsphere assembly of TiO2 mesoporous nanosheets with highly exposed (101) facets and application in a light-trapping quasi-solid-state dye-sensitized solar cell.
- Authors: Tao X, Ruan P, Zhang X, Sun H, Zhou X
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 28
- Dye-sensitized solar cells based on a single-crystalline TiO2 nanorod film.
- Authors: Jiu J, Isoda S, Wang F, Adachi M
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 9