High-Efficiency Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell with Three-Dimensional Photoanode
Ozin, Geoffrey A.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-015-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598488
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHerein, we present a straightforward bottom-up synthesis of a high electron mobility and highly light scattering macroporous photoanode for dye-sensitized solar cells. The dense three-dimensional Al/ZnO, SnO2, or TiO 2 host integrates a conformal passivation thin film to reduce recombination and a large surface-area mesoporous anatase guest for high dye loading. This novel photoanode is designed to improve the charge extraction resulting in higher fill factor and photovoltage for DSCs. An increase in photovoltage of up to 110 mV over state-of-the-art DSC is demonstrated. © 2011 American Chemical Society.
CitationTétreault N, Arsenault É, Heiniger L-P, Soheilnia N, Brillet J, et al. (2011) High-Efficiency Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell with Three-Dimensional Photoanode. Nano Lett 11: 4579–4584. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl201792r.
SponsorsN.T. wishes to thank Dr. Morgan Stefik for the XRD of SnO<INF>2</INF>. Research at EPFL was supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST, Award No KUS-C1-015-21). J.B. received financial support from a Marie Curie Research Training Network, Hydrogen Project (MRTN-CT-2006-032474). L.-P. H. received financial support from the Swiss National Science Foundation (Grant 200020_125163). This work was partially supported by the European project MULTI-PLAT (NMP4-SL-2009-228943). For research at University of Toronto, G.A.O. is deeply indebted to the Government of Canada for a Research Chair in Materials Chemistry and Nanochemistry enabling this research at University of Toronto. In addition, he thanks the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada and the NSERC Solar Network for strong and sustained financial support of this work. EA thanks NSERC for a graduate scholarship.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Functionalization of SnO₂ photoanode through Mg-doping and TiO₂-coating to synergically boost dye-sensitized solar cell performance.
- Authors: Pang H, Yang H, Guo CX, Li CM
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- Enhanced conversion efficiency in dye-sensitized solar cells based on bilayered nano-composite photoanode film consisting of TiO2 nanoparticles and nanofibers.
- Authors: Du PF, Song LX, Xiong J
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Anatase TiO2 nanotubes as photoanode for dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Javed HM, Que W, He Z
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- An unconventional route to high-efficiency dye-sensitized solar cells via embedding graphitic thin films into TiO2 nanoparticle photoanode.
- Authors: Jang YH, Xin X, Byun M, Jang YJ, Lin Z, Kim DH
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 11
- Hierarchical TiO2 microspheres comprised of anatase nanospindles for improved electron transport in dye-sensitized solar cells.
- Authors: Wu D, Wang Y, Dong H, Zhu F, Gao S, Jiang K, Fu L, Zhang J, Xu D
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 7