High-Density Chemical Intercalation of Zero-Valent Copper into Bi 2 Se 3 Nanoribbons
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-001-12
Online Publication Date2012-04-30
Print Publication Date2012-05-09
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598485
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA major goal of intercalation chemistry is to intercalate high densities of guest species without disrupting the host lattice. Many intercalant concentrations, however, are limited by the charge of the guest species. Here we have developed a general solution-based chemical method for intercalating extraordinarily high densities of zero-valent copper metal into layered Bi 2Se 3 nanoribbons. Up to 60 atom % copper (Cu 7.5Bi 2Se 3) can be intercalated with no disruption to the host lattice using a solution disproportionation redox reaction. © 2012 American Chemical Society.
CitationKoski KJ, Cha JJ, Reed BW, Wessells CD, Kong D, et al. (2012) High-Density Chemical Intercalation of Zero-Valent Copper into Bi 2 Se 3 Nanoribbons . Journal of the American Chemical Society 134: 7584–7587. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ja300368x.
SponsorsY.C. acknowledges support from a King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Investigator Award (KUS-11-001-12), the Keck Foundation, and the DARPA MESO Project (N66001-11-1-4105). B.W.R. was supported through grants from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Basic Energy Sciences, Division of Materials Science and Engineering, and the work was performed under the auspices of DOE by LLNL under Contract DE-AC52-07NA27344.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Chemical intercalation of zerovalent metals into 2D layered Bi2Se3 nanoribbons.
- Authors: Koski KJ, Wessells CD, Reed BW, Cha JJ, Kong D, Cui Y
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 22
- Dual Element Intercalation into 2D Layered Bi₂Se₃ Nanoribbons.
- Authors: Chen KP, Chung FR, Wang M, Koski KJ
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 29
- Electrochemical Control of Copper Intercalation into Nanoscale Bi<sub>2</sub>Se<sub>3</sub>.
- Authors: Zhang J, Sun J, Li Y, Shi F, Cui Y
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 8
- Polytypic phase transitions in metal intercalated Bi<sub>2</sub>Se<sub>3</sub>.
- Authors: Wang M, Koski KJ
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 14
- Copper sulfide nanocrystals with tunable composition by reduction of covellite nanocrystals with Cu+ ions.
- Authors: Xie Y, Riedinger A, Prato M, Casu A, Genovese A, Guardia P, Sottini S, Sangregorio C, Miszta K, Ghosh S, Pellegrino T, Manna L
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 20