Heterojunction nanowires having high activity and stability for the reduction of oxygen: Formation by self-assembly of iron phthalocyanine with single walled carbon nanotubes (FePc/SWNTs)
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598453
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA self-assembly approach to preparing iron phthalocyanine/single-walled carbon nanotube (FePc/SWNT) heterojunction nanowires as a new oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) electrocatalyst has been developed by virtue of water-adjusted dispersing in 1-cyclohexyl-pyrrolidone (CHP) of the two components. The FePc/SWNT nanowires have a higher Fermi level compared to pure FePc (d-band center, DFT. =. -0.69. eV versus -0.87. eV, respectively). Consequently, an efficient channel for transferring electron to the FePc surface is readily created, facilitating the interaction between FePc and oxygen, so enhancing the ORR kinetics. This heterojunction-determined activity in ORR illustrates a new stratagem to preparing non-noble ORR electrocatalysts of significant importance in constructing real-world fuel cells. © 2013 Elsevier Inc.
CitationZhu J, Jia N, Yang L, Su D, Park J, et al. (2014) Heterojunction nanowires having high activity and stability for the reduction of oxygen: Formation by self-assembly of iron phthalocyanine with single walled carbon nanotubes (FePc/SWNTs). Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 419: 61–67. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2013.12.048.
SponsorsFinancial support from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 20903013) and the 973 Programs (2011CB935702) are gratefully acknowledged. We thank the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) and KAUST Supercomputing Laboratory (KSL) for computational time.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Iron phthalocyanine supported on amino-functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotube as an alternative cathodic oxygen catalyst in microbial fuel cells.
- Authors: Yuan Y, Zhao B, Jeon Y, Zhong S, Zhou S, Kim S
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Boosting Electrochemical Oxygen Reduction Performance of Iron Phthalocyanine through Axial Coordination Sphere Interaction.
- Authors: Zhang W, Meeus EJ, Wang L, Zhang LH, Yang S, de Bruin B, Reek JNH, Yu F
- Issue date: 2022 Feb 8
- Biaxially-Strained Phthalocyanine at Polyoxometalate@Carbon Nanotube Heterostructure Boosts Oxygen Reduction Catalysis.
- Authors: Zhu S, Ding L, Zhang X, Wang K, Wang X, Yang F, Han G
- Issue date: 2023 Aug 31
- Platinum-based oxygen reduction electrocatalysts.
- Authors: Wu J, Yang H
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 20
- Iron phthalocyanine coated on single-walled carbon nanotubes composite for the oxygen reduction reaction in alkaline media.
- Authors: Dong G, Huang M, Guan L
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 28