Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
Online Publication Date2013-02-05
Print Publication Date2013-03-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598424
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA novel approach to improving all-inorganic colloidal quantum dot (CQD) homojunction solar cells by engineering the doping spatial profile to produce a doping gradient within the n-type absorber is presented. The doping gradient greatly improves carrier collection and enhances the voltages attainable by the device, leading to a 1 power point power conversion efficiency (PCE) improvement over previous inorganic CQD solar cells. Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationNing Z, Zhitomirsky D, Adinolfi V, Sutherland B, Xu J, et al. (2013) Graded Doping for Enhanced Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics. Advanced Materials 25: 1719–1723. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201204502.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by Award KUS-11-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program, and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. D.Z. acknowledges support from the NSERC CGS D scholarship. We thank Angstrom Engineering, Inc. and Innovative Technology, Inc. for useful discussions regarding material deposition methods and control of the glovebox environment, respectively. The authors thank: Larissa Levina for the assistance of quantum dots synthesis, Xihua Wang, Susanna Thon for helpful discussion; Andre Labelle and Daniel Paz-Soldan for measurement asisstance; and E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic for their help during the course of study.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Cascade surface modification of colloidal quantum dot inks enables efficient bulk homojunction photovoltaics.
- Authors: Choi MJ, García de Arquer FP, Proppe AH, Seifitokaldani A, Choi J, Kim J, Baek SW, Liu M, Sun B, Biondi M, Scheffel B, Walters G, Nam DH, Jo JW, Ouellette O, Voznyy O, Hoogland S, Kelley SO, Jung YS, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 3
- Overcoming the Ambient Manufacturability-Scalability-Performance Bottleneck in Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics.
- Authors: Kirmani AR, Sheikh AD, Niazi MR, Haque MA, Liu M, de Arquer FPG, Xu J, Sun B, Voznyy O, Gasparini N, Baran D, Wu T, Sargent EH, Amassian A
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Electron acceptor materials engineering in colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Liu H, Tang J, Kramer IJ, Debnath R, Koleilat GI, Wang X, Fisher A, Li R, Brzozowski L, Levina L, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 1
- Synergistic doping of fullerene electron transport layer and colloidal quantum dot solids enhances solar cell performance.
- Authors: Yuan M, Voznyy O, Zhitomirsky D, Kanjanaboos P, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 4
- Monolithic Organic/Colloidal Quantum Dot Hybrid Tandem Solar Cells via Buffer Engineering.
- Authors: Kim HI, Baek SW, Choi MJ, Chen B, Ouellette O, Choi K, Scheffel B, Choi H, Biondi M, Hoogland S, García de Arquer FP, Park T, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2020 Oct