Ge-Based Spin-Photodiodes for Room-Temperature Integrated Detection of Photon Helicity
Caffrey, Nuala M.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598399
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSpin-photodiodes based on Fe/MgO/Ge(001) heterostructures are reported. These devices perform the room-temperature integrated electrical detection of the spin polarization of a photocurrent generated by circularly polarized photons with a wavelength of 1300 nm, for light pulses with intensity I 0 down to 200 μW. A forward and reverse-biased average photocurrent variation of 5.9% is measured for the complete reversal of the incident light helicity. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationRinaldi C, Cantoni M, Petti D, Sottocorno A, Leone M, et al. (2012) Ge-Based Spin-Photodiodes for Room-Temperature Integrated Detection of Photon Helicity. Advanced Materials 24: 3037–3041. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201104256.
SponsorsThe authors thank J. Gazquez and M. Varela for the transmission electron microscopy analysis, and G. Isella, P. Vavassori, H. Jaffres, and A. Fert for fruitful discussions. N.M.C. and S. S. thank Ivan Rungger for making available a version of Smeagol dealing with electrodes made of different materials, and for useful discussions. This work was partially supported by Science Foundation Ireland (Grant No. 07/IN.1/I945). The Smeagol code was supported by CRANN and by KAUST (ACRAB project).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- A review on germanium nanowires.
- Authors: Pei LZ, Cai ZY
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- High efficiency thin-film crystalline Si/Ge tandem solar cell.
- Authors: Sun G, Chang F, Soref RA
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 15
- Broadband antireflective germanium surfaces based on subwavelength structures for photovoltaic cell applications.
- Authors: Leem JW, Song YM, Yu JS
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 19
- Low-dose photon irradiation response of Ge and Al-doped SiO2 optical fibres.
- Authors: Yaakob NH, Wagiran H, Hossain MI, Ramli AT, Bradley DA, Ali H
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Flexible dimensional control of high-capacity Li-ion-battery anodes: from 0D hollow to 3D porous germanium nanoparticle assemblies.
- Authors: Park MH, Kim K, Kim J, Cho J
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 19