Fully Solution-Processed Inverted Polymer Solar Cells with Laminated Nanowire Electrodes
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598380
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe demonstrate organic photovoltaic cells in which every layer is deposited by solution processing on opaque metal substrates, with efficiencies similar to those obtained in conventional device structures on transparent substrates. The device architecture is enabled by solution-processed, laminated silver nanowire films serving as the top transparent anode. The cells are based on the regioregular poly(3- hexylthiophene) and C 61 butyric acid methyl ester bulk heterojunction and reach an efficiency of 2.5% under 100 mW/cm 2 of AM 1.5G illumination. The metal substrates are adequate barriers to moisture and oxygen, in contrast to transparent plastics that have previously been used, giving rise to the possibility of roll-to-roll solutionprocessed solar cells that are packaged by lamination to glass substrates, combining the cost advantage of roll-toroll processing with the barrier properties of glass and metal foil. © 2010 American Chemical Society.
CitationGaynor W, Lee J-Y, Peumans P (2010) Fully Solution-Processed Inverted Polymer Solar Cells with Laminated Nanowire Electrodes. ACS Nano 4: 30–34. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nn900758e.
SponsorsThe authors thank H.S. Kim and Y. Cui for providing silver nanowires. This work was supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (Award No KUS-C1-015-21), made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), and the Global Climate and Energy Project at Stanford.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Solution-processed flexible polymer solar cells with silver nanowire electrodes.
- Authors: Yang L, Zhang T, Zhou H, Price SC, Wiley BJ, You W
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- A solution processed top emission OLED with transparent carbon nanotube electrodes.
- Authors: Chien YM, Lefevre F, Shih I, Izquierdo R
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 2
- Fully solution-processed semitransparent organic solar cells with a silver nanowire cathode and a conducting polymer anode.
- Authors: Yim JH, Joe SY, Pang C, Lee KM, Jeong H, Park JY, Ahn YH, de Mello JC, Lee S
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 25
- Top laminated graphene electrode in a semitransparent polymer solar cell by simultaneous thermal annealing/releasing method.
- Authors: Lee YY, Tu KH, Yu CC, Li SS, Hwang JY, Lin CC, Chen KH, Chen LC, Chen HL, Chen CW
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 23
- Regioregular copolymers of 3-alkoxythiophene and their photovoltaic application.
- Authors: Shi C, Yao Y, Yang Y, Pei Q
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 12