Bartnik, A. C.
Agladze, N. I.
Wrubel, J. P.
Sievers, A. J.
Murray, Christopher B.
Wise, Frank W.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-018-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598312
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMeasurements of the far-infrared absorption spectra of PbSe nanocrystals and nanorods are presented. As the aspect ratio of the nanorods increases, the Fröhlich sphere resonance splits into two peaks. We analyze this splitting with a classical electrostatic model, which is based on the dielectric function of bulk PbSe but without any free-carrier contribution. Good agreement between the measured and calculated spectra indicates that resonances in the local field factors underlie the measured spectra. © 2011 American Chemical Society.
CitationHyun B-R, Bartnik AC, Koh W, Agladze NI, Wrubel JP, et al. (2011) Far-Infrared Absorption of PbSe Nanorods. Nano Lett 11: 2786–2790. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl201115h.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Cornell Center for Materials Research (CCMR) with funding from the Materials Research Science and Engineering Center program of the National Science Foundation (cooperative agreement DMR 0520404) and in part by Award No. KUS-C1-018-02 made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). C.B.M. and W.-k.K. acknowledge financial support from the NSF through DMS-0935165. This research was partially supported by the Nano/Bio Interface Center through the National Science Foundation (NSEC DMR08-32802). Authors N.I.A., J.P.W., and A.J.S. were supported by DMR-0906491 and DOE No. DE-FG02-04ER46154.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Selective growth of PbSe on one or both tips of colloidal semiconductor nanorods.
- Authors: Kudera S, Carbone L, Casula MF, Cingolani R, Falqui A, Snoeck E, Parak WJ, Manna L
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Comparison of carrier multiplication yields in PbS and PbSe nanocrystals: the role of competing energy-loss processes.
- Authors: Stewart JT, Padilha LA, Qazilbash MM, Pietryga JM, Midgett AG, Luther JM, Beard MC, Nozik AJ, Klimov VI
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 8
- Exciton relaxation in PbSe nanorods.
- Authors: Yang J, Hyun BR, Basile AJ, Wise FW
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 25
- Hyperbranched lead selenide nanowire networks.
- Authors: Zhu J, Peng H, Chan CK, Jarausch K, Zhang XF, Cui Y
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- In spite of recent doubts carrier multiplication does occur in PbSe nanocrystals.
- Authors: Trinh MT, Houtepen AJ, Schins JM, Hanrath T, Piris J, Knulst W, Goossens AP, Siebbeles LD
- Issue date: 2008 Jun