Exotic equilibria of Harary graphs and a new minimum degree lower bound for synchronization
AuthorsCanale, Eduardo A.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598276
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2015 AIP Publishing LLC. This work is concerned with stability of equilibria in the homogeneous (equal frequencies) Kuramoto model of weakly coupled oscillators. In 2012 [R. Taylor, J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 45, 1-15 (2012)], a sufficient condition for almost global synchronization was found in terms of the minimum degree-order ratio of the graph. In this work, a new lower bound for this ratio is given. The improvement is achieved by a concrete infinite sequence of regular graphs. Besides, non standard unstable equilibria of the graphs studied in Wiley et al. [Chaos 16, 015103 (2006)] are shown to exist as conjectured in that work.
CitationCanale EA, Monzón P (2015) Exotic equilibria of Harary graphs and a new minimum degree lower bound for synchronization. Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science 25: 023106. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4907952.
SponsorsThis work was partially done during the scientific visit of the first author to the team of Raúl Tempone at KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology). We want to thank the anonymous referees for their useful comments and suggestions.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Bifurcations in the Kuramoto model on graphs.
- Authors: Chiba H, Medvedev GS, Mizuhara MS
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Collective synchronization in populations of globally coupled phase oscillators with drifting frequencies.
- Authors: Rougemont J, Naef F
- Issue date: 2006 Jan
- Stability diagram for the forced Kuramoto model.
- Authors: Childs LM, Strogatz SH
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Synchronization of coupled nonidentical genetic oscillators.
- Authors: Li C, Chen L, Aihara K
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 2
- Synchronization in symmetric bipolar population networks.
- Authors: Buzna L, Lozano S, Díaz-Guilera A
- Issue date: 2009 Dec