Evaporation-condensation transition of the two-dimensional Potts model in the microcanonical ensemble
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-005-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598257
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe evaporation-condensation transition of the Potts model on a square lattice is numerically investigated by the Wang-Landau sampling method. An intrinsically system-size-dependent discrete transition between supersaturation state and phase-separation state is observed in the microcanonical ensemble by changing constrained internal energy. We calculate the microcanonical temperature, as a derivative of microcanonical entropy, and condensation ratio, and perform a finite-size scaling of them to indicate the clear tendency of numerical data to converge to the infinite-size limit predicted by phenomenological theory for the isotherm lattice gas model. © 2011 American Physical Society.
CitationNogawa T, Ito N, Watanabe H (2011) Evaporation-condensation transition of the two-dimensional Potts model in the microcanonical ensemble. Phys Rev E 84. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.84.061107.
SponsorsThis work was partly supported by Award No. KUK-I1-005-04 made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review E
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Microcanonical finite-size scaling in second-order phase transitions with diverging specific heat.
- Authors: Fernandez LA, Gordillo-Guerrero A, Martin-Mayor V, Ruiz-Lorenzo JJ
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Microcanonical determination of the interface tension of flat and curved interfaces from Monte Carlo simulations.
- Authors: Tröster A, Binder K
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 18
- Continuous phase transitions with a convex dip in the microcanonical entropy.
- Authors: Behringer H, Pleimling M
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Kinked Entropy and Discontinuous Microcanonical Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking.
- Authors: Zhou HJ
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 26
- First-order phase transitions in the real microcanonical ensemble.
- Authors: Schierz P, Zierenberg J, Janke W
- Issue date: 2016 Aug