KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-012-43
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis work presents the results of the assessment of the intramolecular residue-residue contact predictions submitted to CASP9. The methodology for the assessment does not differ from that used in previous CASPs, with two basic evaluation measures being the precision in recognizing contacts and the difference between the distribution of distances in the subset of predicted contact pairs versus all pairs of residues in the structure. The emphasis is placed on the prediction of long-range contacts (i.e., contacts between residues separated by at least 24 residues along sequence) in target proteins that cannot be easily modeled by homology. Although there is considerable activity in the field, the current analysis reports no discernable progress since CASP8.
CitationMonastyrskyy B, Fidelis K, Tramontano A, Kryshtafovych A (2011) Evaluation of residue-residue contact predictions in CASP9. Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics 79: 119–125. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/prot.23160.
SponsorsGrant sponsor: National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM); Grant number: LM007085; Grant sponsor: KAUST Award; Grant number: KUK-I1-012-43.
PubMed Central IDPMC3226919
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Evaluation of residue-residue contact prediction in CASP10.
- Authors: Monastyrskyy B, D'Andrea D, Fidelis K, Tramontano A, Kryshtafovych A
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Assessment of domain boundary predictions and the prediction of intramolecular contacts in CASP8.
- Authors: Ezkurdia I, Graña O, Izarzugaza JM, Tress ML
- Issue date: 2009
- Evaluation of disorder predictions in CASP9.
- Authors: Monastyrskyy B, Fidelis K, Moult J, Tramontano A, Kryshtafovych A
- Issue date: 2011
- Improving accuracy of protein contact prediction using balanced network deconvolution.
- Authors: Sun HP, Huang Y, Wang XF, Zhang Y, Shen HB
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Assessment of intramolecular contact predictions for CASP7.
- Authors: Izarzugaza JM, Graña O, Tress ML, Valencia A, Clarke ND
- Issue date: 2007