AuthorsLively, Ryan P.
Dose, Michelle E.
Thompson, Joshua A.
McCool, Benjamin A.
Chance, Ronald R.
Koros, William J.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-I1-011-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598239
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA room temperature method for synthesizing zeolitic imidizolate framework 71 (ZIF-71) is described. The methanol-based synthesis results in >95% yields (based on Zn) and produces crystals with 70% greater surface area than reported earlier. Ethanol uptake into the ZIF compares favorably with a recent modeling-based study. Water uptake was significantly higher than model predictions. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2011.
CitationLively RP, Dose ME, Thompson JA, McCool BA, Chance RR, et al. (2011) Ethanol and water adsorption in methanol-derived ZIF-71. Chem Commun 47: 8667. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c1cc12728d.
SponsorsJ. A. Thompson and W. J. Koros gratefully acknowledge support for this work by award no. KUS-I1-011-21 made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). This material is based upon work supported in part by the Department of Energy under Award Number DE-FOA-0000096.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Toluene-assisted synthesis of RHO-type zeolitic imidazolate frameworks: synthesis and formation mechanism of ZIF-11 and ZIF-12.
- Authors: He M, Yao J, Liu Q, Zhong Z, Wang H
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 21
- Alcohol and water adsorption in zeolitic imidazolate frameworks.
- Authors: Zhang K, Lively RP, Dose ME, Brown AJ, Zhang C, Chung J, Nair S, Koros WJ, Chance RR
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 21
- Biofuel purification in zeolitic imidazolate frameworks: the significant role of functional groups.
- Authors: Zhang K, Nalaparaju A, Chen Y, Jiang J
- Issue date: 2014 May 28
- What makes zeolitic imidazolate frameworks hydrophobic or hydrophilic? The impact of geometry and functionalization on water adsorption.
- Authors: Ortiz AU, Freitas AP, Boutin A, Fuchs AH, Coudert FX
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 7
- Catalysis of transesterification by a nonfunctionalized metal-organic framework: acido-basicity at the external surface of ZIF-8 probed by FTIR and ab initio calculations.
- Authors: Chizallet C, Lazare S, Bazer-Bachi D, Bonnier F, Lecocq V, Soyer E, Quoineaud AA, Bats N
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 8