Local and omnibus goodness-of-fit tests in classical measurement error models
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-C1-016-04
Online Publication Date2010-09-14
Print Publication Date2011-01
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598222
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe consider functional measurement error models, i.e. models where covariates are measured with error and yet no distributional assumptions are made about the mismeasured variable. We propose and study a score-type local test and an orthogonal series-based, omnibus goodness-of-fit test in this context, where no likelihood function is available or calculated-i.e. all the tests are proposed in the semiparametric model framework. We demonstrate that our tests have optimality properties and computational advantages that are similar to those of the classical score tests in the parametric model framework. The test procedures are applicable to several semiparametric extensions of measurement error models, including when the measurement error distribution is estimated non-parametrically as well as for generalized partially linear models. The performance of the local score-type and omnibus goodness-of-fit tests is demonstrated through simulation studies and analysis of a nutrition data set.
CitationMa Y, Hart JD, Janicki R, Carroll RJ (2010) Local and omnibus goodness-of-fit tests in classical measurement error models. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B (Statistical Methodology) 73: 81–98. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9868.2010.00751.x.
SponsorsCarroll and Ma's research was supported by a grant from the National Cancer Institute (CA57030). Carroll and Hart's work was also supported by award KUS-C1-016-04, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. Ma's work is supported by National Science Foundation grant DMS-0906341, and Hart's was partially supported by National Science Foundation grant DMS-0604801. Janicki's work was done while at the University of Maryland. He thanks his adviser Professor Abram Kagan for his advice and support.
PubMed Central IDPMC3040518
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- A hybrid omnibus test for generalized semiparametric single-index models with high-dimensional covariate sets.
- Authors: Xu Y, Kim I, Carroll RJ
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Estimation via corrected scores in general semiparametric regression models with error-prone covariates.
- Authors: Maity A, Apanasovich TV
- Issue date: 2011
- Variable Selection in Measurement Error Models.
- Authors: Ma Y, Li R
- Issue date: 2010
- A semiparametric copula method for Cox models with covariate measurement error.
- Authors: Kim S, Li Y, Spiegelman D
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Testing the fit of a regression model via score tests in random effects models.
- Authors: le Cessie S, van Houwelingen HC
- Issue date: 1995 Jun