Electron Acceptor Materials Engineering in Colloidal Quantum Dot Solar Cells
Kramer, Illan J.
Koleilat, Ghada I.
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
Online Publication Date2011-07-15
Print Publication Date2011-07-15
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598144
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLead sulfide colloidal quantum dot (CQD) solar cells with a solar power conversion efficiency of 5.6% are reported. The result is achieved through careful optimization of the titanium dioxide electrode that serves as the electron acceptor. Metal-ion-doped sol-gel-derived titanium dioxide electrodes produce a tunable-bandedge, well-passivated materials platform for CQD solar cell optimization. © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationLiu H, Tang J, Kramer IJ, Debnath R, Koleilat GI, et al. (2011) Electron Acceptor Materials Engineering in Colloidal Quantum Dot Solar Cells. Advanced Materials: n/a–n/a. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201101783.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by Award No. KUS-11-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program, and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. The authors thank Angstrom Engineering and Innovative Technology for useful discussions regarding material deposition methods and control of glovebox environment, respectively. We would also like to acknowledge the technical assistance and scientific guidance of E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec and D. Kopilovic. H. Liu would like to acknowledge the scholarship from China Scholarship Council (CSC). R. Debnath and I. J. Kramer acknowledge the financial support through e8/MITACS Elevate Strategic Fellowship and the Queen Elizabeth II/Ricoh Canada Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology, respectively.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Nanoimprint-Transfer-Patterned Solids Enhance Light Absorption in Colloidal Quantum Dot Solar Cells.
- Authors: Kim Y, Bicanic K, Tan H, Ouellette O, Sutherland BR, García de Arquer FP, Jo JW, Liu M, Sun B, Liu M, Hoogland S, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 12
- Activated Electron-Transport Layers for Infrared Quantum Dot Optoelectronics.
- Authors: Choi J, Jo JW, de Arquer FPG, Zhao YB, Sun B, Kim J, Choi MJ, Baek SW, Proppe AH, Seifitokaldani A, Nam DH, Li P, Ouellette O, Kim Y, Voznyy O, Hoogland S, Kelley SO, Lu ZH, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2018 May 28
- The donor-supply electrode enhances performance in colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Maraghechi P, Labelle AJ, Kirmani AR, Lan X, Adachi MM, Thon SM, Hoogland S, Lee A, Ning Z, Fischer A, Amassian A, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 23
- Colloidal quantum dot based solar cells: from materials to devices.
- Authors: Song JH, Jeong S
- Issue date: 2017
- Synergistic doping of fullerene electron transport layer and colloidal quantum dot solids enhances solar cell performance.
- Authors: Yuan M, Voznyy O, Zhitomirsky D, Kanjanaboos P, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 4