Efforts toward rapid construction of the cortistatin A carbocyclic core via enyne-ene metathesis
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-006-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598122
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOur efforts toward the construction of the carbocylic core of cortistatin A via an enyne-ene metathesis are disclosed. Interestingly, an attempted S N2 inversion of a secondary mesylate in our five-membered D-ring piece gave a product with retention of stereochemistry. © 2010 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationBaumgartner C, Ma S, Liu Q, Stoltz BM (2010) Efforts toward rapid construction of the cortistatin A carbocyclic core via enyne-ene metathesis. Org Biomol Chem 8: 2915. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c004275g.
SponsorsC. B. thanks the Schweizerischer Nationalfonds (SNF) for a fellowship. This publication is based on work supported by Award No. KUS-11-006-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Additionally, the authors thank Abbott, Amgen, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Sigma-Aldrich and Caltech for generous funding. Mr Lawrence Henling and Dr Michael Day are gratefully acknowledged for X-ray crystallographic structural determination. The Bruker KAPPA APEXII X-ray diffractometer was purchased via an NSF CRIF:MU award to the California Institute of Technology, CHE-0639094. Dr David VanderVelde and Dr Scott Ross are acknowledged for NMR assistance. Dr Scott Virgil is acknowledged for helpful discussions.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
JournalOrganic & Biomolecular Chemistry
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Efficient method for the synthesis of chiral pyrrolidine derivatives via ring-closing enyne metathesis reaction.
- Authors: Yang Q, Alper H, Xiao WJ
- Issue date: 2007 Mar 1
- Regio- and stereoselective enyne cross metathesis of silylated internal alkynes.
- Authors: Kim M, Park S, Maifeld SV, Lee D
- Issue date: 2004 Aug 25
- Synthesis of 3-vinyl-2,5-dihydrofuran ring system via enyne metathesis.
- Authors: Vuong S, Rodriguez-Fernandez MM, Renoux B, Len C
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 26
- Search for solutions to the reactivity and selectivity problems in enyne metathesis.
- Authors: Hansen EC, Lee D
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Tandem sequence of cross metathesis--ring-closing metathesis reaction of alkynyl silyloxy-tethered enynes.
- Authors: Park S, Kim M, Lee D
- Issue date: 2005 Jul 6