Efficient Multiple Exciton Generation Observed in Colloidal PbSe Quantum Dots with Temporally and Spectrally Resolved Intraband Excitation
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598110
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have spectrally resolved the intraband transient absorption of photogenerated excitons to quantify the exciton population dynamics in colloidal PbSe quantum dots (QDs). These measurements demonstrate that the spectral distribution, as well as the amplitude, of the transient spectrum depends on the number of excitons excited in a QD. To accurately quantify the average number of excitons per QD, the transient spectrum must be spectrally integrated. With spectral integration, we observe efficient multiple exciton generation In colloidal PbSe QDs. © 2009 American Chemical Society.
CitationJi M, Park S, Connor ST, Mokari T, Cui Y, et al. (2009) Efficient Multiple Exciton Generation Observed in Colloidal PbSe Quantum Dots with Temporally and Spectrally Resolved Intraband Excitation. Nano Lett 9: 1217–1222. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/nl900103f.
SponsorsThe work has been supported by the Global Climate and Energy Project (GCEP) at Stanford University, the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST): Global Research Partnership (GRP) through the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (CAMP), and the Department of Energy. S.T.C. acknowledges the support from a National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship. Work at the Molecular Foundry was supported by the Director, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Science, Division of Materials Science and Engineering, U.S. Department of Energy, under contract DE-AC0205CHII231.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Highly efficient multiple exciton generation in colloidal PbSe and PbS quantum dots.
- Authors: Ellingson RJ, Beard MC, Johnson JC, Yu P, Micic OI, Nozik AJ, Shabaev A, Efros AL
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Multiple exciton generation in films of electronically coupled PbSe quantum dots.
- Authors: Luther JM, Beard MC, Song Q, Law M, Ellingson RJ, Nozik AJ
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Scanning tunneling spectroscopy of individual PbSe quantum dots and molecular aggregates stabilized in an inert nanocrystal matrix.
- Authors: Overgaag K, Liljeroth P, Grandidier B, Vanmaekelbergh D
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Dipolar structures in colloidal dispersions of PbSe and CdSe quantum dots.
- Authors: Klokkenburg M, Houtepen AJ, Koole R, de Folter JW, Erné BH, van Faassen E, Vanmaekelbergh D
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Shape control of PbSe nanocrystals using noble metal seed particles.
- Authors: Yong KT, Sahoo Y, Choudhury KR, Swihart MT, Minter JR, Prasad PN
- Issue date: 2006 Apr