Nogueira, Ana F.
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2015 American Chemical Society. Nanocrystals of CsPbX3 perovskites are promising materials for light-emitting optoelectronics because of their colloidal stability, optically tunable bandgap, bright photoluminescence, and excellent photoluminescence quantum yield. Despite their promise, nanocrystal-only films of CsPbX3 perovskites have not yet been fabricated; instead, highly insulating polymers have been relied upon to compensate for nanocrystals' unstable surfaces. We develop solution chemistry that enables single-step casting of perovskite nanocrystal films and overcomes problems in both perovskite quantum dot purification and film fabrication. Centrifugally cast films retain bright photoluminescence and achieve dense and homogeneous morphologies. The new materials offer a platform for optoelectronic applications of perovskite quantum dot solids.
CitationKim Y, Yassitepe E, Voznyy O, Comin R, Walters G, et al. (2015) Efficient Luminescence from Perovskite Quantum Dot Solids. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 7: 25007–25013. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsami.5b09084.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by Award KUS-11-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program, and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. E.Y. acknowledges support from Sao Paulo State Research Foundation-Research Internships Abroad (FAPESP-BEPE) (2014/18327-9) fellowship. The authors thank E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic for their technical help over the course of this study. We thank the Centre for Microfluidic Systems in Chemistry and Biology (Toronto, Ontario) for the use of an atomic force microscope.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Nanocrystals of Cesium Lead Halide Perovskites (CsPbX₃, X = Cl, Br, and I): Novel Optoelectronic Materials Showing Bright Emission with Wide Color Gamut.
- Authors: Protesescu L, Yakunin S, Bodnarchuk MI, Krieg F, Caputo R, Hendon CH, Yang RX, Walsh A, Kovalenko MV
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 10
- Encapsulation of Perovskite Nanocrystals into Macroscale Polymer Matrices: Enhanced Stability and Polarization.
- Authors: Raja SN, Bekenstein Y, Koc MA, Fischer S, Zhang D, Lin L, Ritchie RO, Yang P, Alivisatos AP
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 28
- Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes Based on Inorganic Perovskite Cesium Lead Halides (CsPbX3 ).
- Authors: Song J, Li J, Li X, Xu L, Dong Y, Zeng H
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 25
- In Situ Preparation of Metal Halide Perovskite Nanocrystal Thin Films for Improved Light-Emitting Devices.
- Authors: Zhao L, Yeh YW, Tran NL, Wu F, Xiao Z, Kerner RA, Lin YL, Scholes GD, Yao N, Rand BP
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 25
- Spectral and Dynamical Properties of Single Excitons, Biexcitons, and Trions in Cesium-Lead-Halide Perovskite Quantum Dots.
- Authors: Makarov NS, Guo S, Isaienko O, Liu W, Robel I, Klimov VI
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 13