Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598098
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA method for efficient and aldehyde-selective Wacker oxidation of aryl-substituted olefins using PdCl 2(MeCN) 2, 1,4-benzoquinone, and t-BuOH in air is described. Up to a 96% yield of aldehyde can be obtained, and up to 99% selectivity can be achieved with styrene-related substrates. © 2012 American Chemical Society.
CitationTeo P, Wickens ZK, Dong G, Grubbs RH (2012) Efficient and Highly Aldehyde Selective Wacker Oxidation. Organic Letters 14: 3237–3239. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ol301240g.
SponsorsWe gratefully acknowledge financial support from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Centre in Development, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, and the NSF. G.D. thanks the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation for a postdoctoral fellowship.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Highly regioselective isomerization-hydroformylation of internal olefins to linear aldehyde using rh complexes with tetraphosphorus ligands.
- Authors: Yu S, Chie YM, Guan ZH, Zhang X
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 21
- Aldehyde selective Wacker oxidations of phthalimide protected allylic amines: a new catalytic route to beta3-amino acids.
- Authors: Weiner B, Baeza A, Jerphagnon T, Feringa BL
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 15
- From α-arylation of olefins to acylation with aldehydes: a journey in regiocontrol of the Heck reaction.
- Authors: Ruan J, Xiao J
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 16
- Rh-catalyzed asymmetric hydroformylation of functionalized 1,1-disubstituted olefins.
- Authors: Wang X, Buchwald SL
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 30
- Rhodium-catalyzed intermolecular chelation controlled alkene and alkyne hydroacylation: synthetic scope of beta-S-substituted aldehyde substrates.
- Authors: Willis MC, Randell-Sly HE, Woodward RL, McNally SJ, Currie GS
- Issue date: 2006 Jul 7