Efficiency of rejection-free methods for dynamic Monte Carlo studies of off-lattice interacting particles
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-005-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598095
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe calculate the efficiency of a rejection-free dynamic Monte Carlo method for d -dimensional off-lattice homogeneous particles interacting through a repulsive power-law potential r-p. Theoretically we find the algorithmic efficiency in the limit of low temperatures and/or high densities is asymptotically proportional to ρ (p+2) /2 T-d/2 with the particle density ρ and the temperature T. Dynamic Monte Carlo simulations are performed in one-, two-, and three-dimensional systems with different powers p, and the results agree with the theoretical predictions. © 2009 The American Physical Society.
CitationGuerra ML, Novotny MA, Watanabe H, Ito N (2009) Efficiency of rejection-free methods for dynamic Monte Carlo studies of off-lattice interacting particles. Phys Rev E 79. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.79.026706.
SponsorsThe authors thank P. A. Rikvold for helpful discussions. The computation was partially carried out in the ISSP of the University of Tokyo and in the HPC2 Center for Computational Sciences at Mississippi State University. This work was partially supported by the COE program on "Frontiers of computational science" of Nagoya University, U.S. NSF Grant Nos. DMR-0426488 and DMR-0444051, the Sustainable Energy Research Center at Mississippi State University which is supported by the Department of Energy under Grant No. DE-FG3606GO86025, by Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Contract Nos. 19740235 and 19540400 ), and by KAUST GRP(KUK-I1-005-04).
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review E
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Efficiency of rejection-free dynamic Monte Carlo methods for homogeneous spin models, hard disk systems, and hard sphere systems.
- Authors: Watanabe H, Yukawa S, Novotny MA, Ito N
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Quantitative study of fluctuation effects by fast lattice Monte Carlo simulations. V. incompressible homopolymer melts.
- Authors: Zhang P, Yang D, Wang Q
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 16
- Surface phase transitions in one-dimensional channels arranged in a triangular cross-sectional structure: theory and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Authors: Pasinetti PM, Romá F, Riccardo JL, Ramirez-Pastor AJ
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 7
- Reaction-controlled diffusion: Monte Carlo simulations.
- Authors: Reid BA, Täuber UC, Brunson JC
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- Fast off-lattice Monte Carlo simulations with "soft" repulsive potentials.
- Authors: Wang Q, Yin Y
- Issue date: 2009 Mar 14