Dynamic Tuning of Plasmon-Exciton Coupling in Arrays of Nanodisk-J-aggregate Complexes
AuthorsZheng, Yue Bing
Juluri, Bala Krishna
Lin Jensen, Lin
Huang, Tony Jun
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFigure Presented Dynamic tuning of plasmon-exclton resonant coupling in arrays of nanodisk-J-aggregate complexes is demonstrated. The angle-resolved spectra of an array of bare gold nanodisks exhibit continuous shifting of localized surface plasmon resonance. This characteristic enables the production of real-time, controllable spectral overlap between molecular resonance and plasmóme resonance. The resonant interaction strength as a function of spectral overlap is explored and the coupling strength changes with the incident angle of a probe light, in accord with simulations based on coupled dipóle approximation method. © 2010 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationZheng YB, Juluri BK, Lin Jensen L, Ahmed D, Lu M, et al. (2010) Dynamic Tuning of Plasmon-Exciton Coupling in Arrays of Nanodisk-J-aggregate Complexes. Advanced Materials 22: 3603–3607. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201000251.
SponsorsY.B.Z and B.K.J contributed equally to this work. This research was supported by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (FA9550-08-1-0349), the National Science Foundation (ECCS-0801922, ECCS-0609128, and ECCS-0609128), and the Penn State Center for Nanoscale Science (MRSEC). Components of this work were conducted at the Pennsylvania State University node of the NSF-funded National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network. Y.B.Z. recognizes the support from KAUST Scholar Award and the Founder's Prize and Grant of the American Academy of Mechanics. The authors thank I-Kao Chiang, Aitan Lawit and Thomas R. Walker for helpful discussions.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Plexciton dynamics: exciton-plasmon coupling in a J-aggregate-Au nanoshell complex provides a mechanism for nonlinearity.
- Authors: Fofang NT, Grady NK, Fan Z, Govorov AO, Halas NJ
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 13
- Plexcitonic nanoparticles: plasmon-exciton coupling in nanoshell-J-aggregate complexes.
- Authors: Fofang NT, Park TH, Neumann O, Mirin NA, Nordlander P, Halas NJ
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Optically controlled interparticle distance tuning and welding of single gold nanoparticle pairs by photochemical metal deposition.
- Authors: Härtling T, Alaverdyan Y, Hille A, Wenzel MT, Käll M, Eng LM
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 4
- Plasmon coupling in nanorod assemblies: optical absorption, discrete dipole approximation simulation, and exciton-coupling model.
- Authors: Jain PK, Eustis S, El-Sayed MA
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 21
- Tailoring the sensing capabilities of nanohole arrays in gold films with Rayleigh anomaly-surface plasmon polaritons.
- Authors: McMahon JM, Henzie J, Odom TW, Schatz GC, Gray SK
- Issue date: 2007 Dec 24