Dynamic Tuning of Plasmon-Exciton Coupling in Arrays of Nanodisk-J-aggregate Complexes
AuthorsZheng, Yue Bing
Juluri, Bala Krishna
Lin Jensen, Lin
Huang, Tony Jun
Online Publication Date2010-07-21
Print Publication Date2010-08-24
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598029
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFigure Presented Dynamic tuning of plasmon-exclton resonant coupling in arrays of nanodisk-J-aggregate complexes is demonstrated. The angle-resolved spectra of an array of bare gold nanodisks exhibit continuous shifting of localized surface plasmon resonance. This characteristic enables the production of real-time, controllable spectral overlap between molecular resonance and plasmóme resonance. The resonant interaction strength as a function of spectral overlap is explored and the coupling strength changes with the incident angle of a probe light, in accord with simulations based on coupled dipóle approximation method. © 2010 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationZheng YB, Juluri BK, Lin Jensen L, Ahmed D, Lu M, et al. (2010) Dynamic Tuning of Plasmon-Exciton Coupling in Arrays of Nanodisk-J-aggregate Complexes. Advanced Materials 22: 3603–3607. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201000251.
SponsorsY.B.Z and B.K.J contributed equally to this work. This research was supported by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (FA9550-08-1-0349), the National Science Foundation (ECCS-0801922, ECCS-0609128, and ECCS-0609128), and the Penn State Center for Nanoscale Science (MRSEC). Components of this work were conducted at the Pennsylvania State University node of the NSF-funded National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network. Y.B.Z. recognizes the support from KAUST Scholar Award and the Founder's Prize and Grant of the American Academy of Mechanics. The authors thank I-Kao Chiang, Aitan Lawit and Thomas R. Walker for helpful discussions.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Plexcitonic nanoparticles: plasmon-exciton coupling in nanoshell-J-aggregate complexes.
- Authors: Fofang NT, Park TH, Neumann O, Mirin NA, Nordlander P, Halas NJ
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Plexciton dynamics: exciton-plasmon coupling in a J-aggregate-Au nanoshell complex provides a mechanism for nonlinearity.
- Authors: Fofang NT, Grady NK, Fan Z, Govorov AO, Halas NJ
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 13
- Fano resonance in a gold nanosphere with a J-aggregate coating.
- Authors: Fales AM, Norton SJ, Crawford BM, DeLacy BG, Vo-Dinh T
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 14
- Strong Exciton-Plasmon Coupling in MoS2 Coupled with Plasmonic Lattice.
- Authors: Liu W, Lee B, Naylor CH, Ee HS, Park J, Johnson AT, Agarwal R
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 10
- Symmetry Breaking-Induced Plasmonic Mode Splitting in Coupled Gold-Silver Alloy Nanodisk Array for Ultrasensitive RGB Colorimetric Biosensing.
- Authors: Misbah I, Zhao F, Shih WC
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 16