Doping Control Via Molecularly Engineered Surface Ligand Coordination
Kemp, Kyle W.
Kim, Jin Young
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
Online Publication Date2013-08-05
Print Publication Date2013-10
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/598014
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA means to control the net doping of a CQD solid is identified via the design of the bidentate ligand crosslinking the material. The strategy does not rely on implementing different atmospheres at different steps in device processing, but instead is a robust strategy implemented in a single processing ambient. We achieve an order of magnitude difference in doping that allows us to build a graded photovoltaic device and maintain high current and voltage at maximum power-point conditions. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationYuan M, Zhitomirsky D, Adinolfi V, Voznyy O, Kemp KW, et al. (2013) Doping Control Via Molecularly Engineered Surface Ligand Coordination. Advanced Materials 25: 5586–5592. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma201302802.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by Award KUS-11-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program, and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. D. Zhitomirsky acknowledges the financial support through the NSERC CGS D Scholarship. We thank Angstrom Engineering and Innovative Technology for useful discussions regarding material deposition methods and control of glovebox environment, respectively. The authors would like to acknowledge the technical assistance and scientific guidance of E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Infrared colloidal quantum dots for photovoltaics: fundamentals and recent progress.
- Authors: Tang J, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 4
- Hybrid passivated colloidal quantum dot solids.
- Authors: Ip AH, Thon SM, Hoogland S, Voznyy O, Zhitomirsky D, Debnath R, Levina L, Rollny LR, Carey GH, Fischer A, Kemp KW, Kramer IJ, Ning Z, Labelle AJ, Chou KW, Amassian A, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Depleted-heterojunction colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Pattantyus-Abraham AG, Kramer IJ, Barkhouse AR, Wang X, Konstantatos G, Debnath R, Levina L, Raabe I, Nazeeruddin MK, Grätzel M, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 22
- Enhanced Open-Circuit Voltage in Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics via Reactivity-Controlled Solution-Phase Ligand Exchange.
- Authors: Jo JW, Kim Y, Choi J, de Arquer FPG, Walters G, Sun B, Ouellette O, Kim J, Proppe AH, Quintero-Bermudez R, Fan J, Xu J, Tan CS, Voznyy O, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics Enhanced by Perovskite Shelling.
- Authors: Yang Z, Janmohamed A, Lan X, García de Arquer FP, Voznyy O, Yassitepe E, Kim GH, Ning Z, Gong X, Comin R, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 11