Doping Control Via Molecularly Engineered Surface Ligand Coordination
Kemp, Kyle W.
Kim, Jin Young
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA means to control the net doping of a CQD solid is identified via the design of the bidentate ligand crosslinking the material. The strategy does not rely on implementing different atmospheres at different steps in device processing, but instead is a robust strategy implemented in a single processing ambient. We achieve an order of magnitude difference in doping that allows us to build a graded photovoltaic device and maintain high current and voltage at maximum power-point conditions. © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationYuan M, Zhitomirsky D, Adinolfi V, Voznyy O, Kemp KW, et al. (2013) Doping Control Via Molecularly Engineered Surface Ligand Coordination. Advanced Materials 25: 5586–5592. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma201302802.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by Award KUS-11-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program, and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. D. Zhitomirsky acknowledges the financial support through the NSERC CGS D Scholarship. We thank Angstrom Engineering and Innovative Technology for useful discussions regarding material deposition methods and control of glovebox environment, respectively. The authors would like to acknowledge the technical assistance and scientific guidance of E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Infrared colloidal quantum dots for photovoltaics: fundamentals and recent progress.
- Authors: Tang J, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 4
- Depleted-heterojunction colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Pattantyus-Abraham AG, Kramer IJ, Barkhouse AR, Wang X, Konstantatos G, Debnath R, Levina L, Raabe I, Nazeeruddin MK, Grätzel M, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 22
- A donor-supply electrode (DSE) for colloidal quantum dot photovoltaics.
- Authors: Koleilat GI, Wang X, Labelle AJ, Ip AH, Carey GH, Fischer A, Levina L, Brzozowski L, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 14
- Colloidal quantum dot photovoltaics: a path forward.
- Authors: Kramer IJ, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 22
- Measuring charge carrier diffusion in coupled colloidal quantum dot solids.
- Authors: Zhitomirsky D, Voznyy O, Hoogland S, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 25