KAUST Grant NumberKUK-I1-00504
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA power-law distribution is found in the density profile of reacting systems A+B→C+D and 2A→2C under a flow in two and three dimensions. Different densities of reactants A and B are fixed at both ends. For the reaction A+B, the concentration of reactants asymptotically decay in space as x-1/2 and x-3/4 in two dimensions and three dimensions, respectively. For 2A, it decays as log (x) /x in two dimensions. The decay of A+B is explained considering the effect of segregation of reactants in the isotropic case. The decay for 2A is explained by the marginal behavior of two-dimensional diffusion. A logarithmic divergence of the diffusion constant with system size is found in two dimensions. © 2009 The American Physical Society.
CitationKamimura A, Herrmann HJ, Ito N (2009) Distribution in flowing reaction-diffusion systems. Phys Rev E 80. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.80.061132.
SponsorsA. K. acknowledges support from International Academic Exchange Grant Program of the University of Tokyo and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. N.I. is supported by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (Grant No. 19340110) and KAUST, GRP (Grant No. KUK-I1-00504).
PublisherAmerican Physical Society (APS)
JournalPhysical Review E
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Optimal prediction and the rate of decay for solutions of the Euler equations in two and three dimensions.
- Authors: Hald OH, Stinis P
- Issue date: 2007 Apr 17
- Superdiffusion and transport in two-dimensional systems with Lévy-like quenched disorder.
- Authors: Burioni R, Ubaldi E, Vezzani A
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Multiple-relaxation-time lattice Boltzmann models in three dimensions.
- Authors: D'Humières D, Ginzburg I, Krafczyk M, Lallemand P, Luo LS
- Issue date: 2002 Mar 15
- Diffusion-mediated geminate reactions under excluded volume interactions.
- Authors: Seki K, Wojcik M, Tachiya M
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Boltzmann statistics in a three-dimensional vibrofluidized granular bed: idealizing the experimental system.
- Authors: Windows-Yule CR, Parker DJ
- Issue date: 2013 Feb