AuthorsBarkhouse, D. Aaron R.
Kramer, Illan J.
Pattantyus-Abraham, Andras G.
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-I1-009-21
Online Publication Date2011-05-26
Print Publication Date2011-07-26
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597930
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe first solution-processed depleted bulk heterojunction colloidal quantum dot solar cells are presented. The architecture allows for high absorption with full depletion, thereby breaking the photon absorption/carrier extraction compromise inherent in planar devices. A record power conversion of 5.5% under simulated AM 1.5 illumination conditions is reported. Copyright © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationBarkhouse DAR, Debnath R, Kramer IJ, Zhitomirsky D, Pattantyus-Abraham AG, et al. (2011) Depleted Bulk Heterojunction Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics. Advanced Materials 23: 3134–3138. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201101065.
SponsorsD.A.R.B and R.D. contributed equally to this work. This publication is based on work supported in part by Award No. KUS-I1-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The authors thank Angstrom Engineering and Innovative Technologies for useful discussions regarding material deposition methods and control of the glovebox environment, respectively. D.A.R.B. would like to thank the Ontario Postdoctoral Fellowship program and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council for financial support. R.D. and I.J.K. acknowledge the financial support through e8/MITACS Elevate Strategic fellowship and the Queen Elizabeth II/Ricoh Canada Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology, respectively. L.E. acknowledges the Marie Curie Actions-Intra-European Fellowships (FP7-PEOPLE-2009-IEF) under grant agreement no 252228. The authors would also like to acknowledge the technical assistance and scientific guidance of L. Brzozowski, E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Ordered nanopillar structured electrodes for depleted bulk heterojunction colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Kramer IJ, Zhitomirsky D, Bass JD, Rice PM, Topuria T, Krupp L, Thon SM, Ip AH, Debnath R, Kim HC, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2012 May 2
- Depleted-heterojunction colloidal quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Pattantyus-Abraham AG, Kramer IJ, Barkhouse AR, Wang X, Konstantatos G, Debnath R, Levina L, Raabe I, Nazeeruddin MK, Grätzel M, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 22
- N-type colloidal-quantum-dot solids for photovoltaics.
- Authors: Zhitomirsky D, Furukawa M, Tang J, Stadler P, Hoogland S, Voznyy O, Liu H, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 4
- Infrared colloidal quantum dots for photovoltaics: fundamentals and recent progress.
- Authors: Tang J, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 4
- Electron injection from colloidal PbS quantum dots into titanium dioxide nanoparticles.
- Authors: Hyun BR, Zhong YW, Bartnik AC, Sun L, Abruña HD, Wise FW, Goodreau JD, Matthews JR, Leslie TM, Borrelli NF
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 25