Conjugated Polymer Chains Confined in Vertical Nanocylinders of a Block-Copolymer Film: Preparation, Characterization, and Optoelectronic Function
Online Publication Date2013-01-15
Print Publication Date2013-03-25
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597836
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHybrid materials composed of phase-separated block copolymer films and conjugated polymers of the phenylenevinylene family (PPV) are prepared. The PPV chains are embedded in vertical cylinders of nanometer diameter in the block-copolymer films. The cylinders span continuously the whole film thickness of 70 nm. Incorporation of the PPV chains into the one-dimensional cylinders leads to modified photoluminescence spectra and to large absorption anisotropy. The hybrid films show electroluminescence from the PPV chains in a simple light-emitting device at minute doping concentrations, and also exhibit a factor of 19 increase in electron transport efficiency along the single PPV chains. Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationDong BX, Honmou Y, Komiyama H, Furumaki S, Iyoda T, et al. (2013) Conjugated Polymer Chains Confined in Vertical Nanocylinders of a Block-Copolymer Film: Preparation, Characterization, and Optoelectronic Function. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 34: 492–497. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/marc.201200766.
SponsorsThe authors thank Dr. Satoshi Habuchi (currently at KAUST, Saudi Arabia) for helpful discussions. This work was supported by research grant of the Ogasawara Foundation for the Promotion of Science & Engineering and by Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research No. 23651107 of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (MV).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Patterning of conjugated polymers for organic optoelectronic devices.
- Authors: Xu Y, Zhang F, Feng X
- Issue date: 2011 May 23
- Photoluminescence spectra of a conjugated polymer: from films and solutions to single molecules.
- Authors: Mirzov O, Scheblykin IG
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 21
- High-performance organic optoelectronic devices enhanced by surface plasmon resonance.
- Authors: Heo M, Cho H, Jung JW, Jeong JR, Park S, Kim JY
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 15
- Control of pi-stacking for highly emissive poly(p-phenylenevinylene)s: synthesis and photoluminescence of new tricyclodecane substituted bulky poly(p-phenylenevinylene)s and its copolymers.
- Authors: Amrutha SR, Jayakannan M
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 9
- Hybrid electronics and electrochemistry with conjugated polymers.
- Authors: Inganäs O
- Issue date: 2010 Jul