Catalytic Activity Enhancement for Oxygen Reduction on Epitaxial Perovskite Thin Films for Solid-Oxide Fuel Cells
Authorsla O', Gerardo Jose
Biegalski, Michael D.
Christen, Hans M.
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597738
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFigure Presented The active ingredient: La0.8Sr 0.2CoO3-δ (LSC) epitaxial thin films are prepared on (001 )-oriented yttria-stabilized zirconia (YSZ) single crystals with a gadolinium-doped ceria (GDC) buffer layer (see picture). The LSC epitaxial films exhibit better oxygen reduction kinetics than bulk LSC. The enhanced activity is attributed in part to higher oxygen nonstoichiometry. © 2010 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KCaA, Weinheim.
CitationLa O’ GJ, Ahn S-J, Crumlin E, Orikasa Y, Biegalski MD, et al. (2010) Catalytic Activity Enhancement for Oxygen Reduction on Epitaxial Perovskite Thin Films for Solid-Oxide Fuel Cells. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 49: 5344–5347. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/anie.201001922.
SponsorsThis work was supported in part by the NSF (CBET 08-44526), DOE (SISGR DE-SC0002633), and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. S.-J.A is grateful for financial support from the Korean Government (KRF-2008-357-D00119). The portion of research performed at ORNL CNMS was sponsored by the Scientific User Facilities Division, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, U.S. DOE.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Influence of oxygen partial pressure on the composition and orientation of strontium-doped lead zirconate titanate thin films.
- Authors: Sriram S, Bhaskaran M, du Plessis J, Short KT, Sivan VP, Holland AS
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Synthesis of epitaxial metal oxide nanocrystals via a phase separation approach.
- Authors: Bogle KA, Anbusathaiah V, Arredondo M, Lin JY, Chu YH, O'Neill C, Gregg JM, Castell MR, Nagarajan V
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 28
- A high-performance cathode for the next generation of solid-oxide fuel cells.
- Authors: Shao Z, Haile SM
- Issue date: 2004 Sep 9
- Computational study on the catalytic mechanism of oxygen reduction on La(0.5)Sr(0.5)MnO(3) in solid oxide fuel cells.
- Authors: Choi Y, Lin MC, Liu M
- Issue date: 2007
- Nanostructured thin solid oxide fuel cells with high power density.
- Authors: Ignatiev A, Chen X, Wu N, Lu Z, Smith L
- Issue date: 2008 Oct 28