Cardiac cell modelling: Observations from the heart of the cardiac physiome project
Niederer, Steven A.
Cherry, Elizabeth M.
Fenton, Flavio H.
Koivumäki, Jussi T.
Sachse, Frank B.
Crampin, Edmund J.
Smith, Nicolas P.
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-C1-013-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597735
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn this manuscript we review the state of cardiac cell modelling in the context of international initiatives such as the IUPS Physiome and Virtual Physiological Human Projects, which aim to integrate computational models across scales and physics. In particular we focus on the relationship between experimental data and model parameterisation across a range of model types and cellular physiological systems. Finally, in the context of parameter identification and model reuse within the Cardiac Physiome, we suggest some future priority areas for this field. © 2010 Elsevier Ltd.
CitationFink M, Niederer SA, Cherry EM, Fenton FH, Koivumäki JT, et al. (2011) Cardiac cell modelling: Observations from the heart of the cardiac physiome project. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology 104: 2–21. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pbiomolbio.2010.03.002.
SponsorsThis manuscript is the product of discussions at the Cardiac Physiome Program hosted at, and supported by, the Newton Institute Cambridge United Kingdom. NPS would like to acknowledge support from the United Kingdom Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (FP/F059361/1), Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BB/F01080X/1) and the European Commission (FP7-ICT-2007-224495: euHeart). FBS acknowledges support by the Nora Eccles Treadwell Foundation. This publication is based on work (by EJC) supported in part by Award No KUK-C1-013-04, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The authors also extend thanks to Liz Gresham for her proofreading of the manuscript.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Models of cardiac tissue electrophysiology: progress, challenges and open questions.
- Authors: Clayton RH, Bernus O, Cherry EM, Dierckx H, Fenton FH, Mirabella L, Panfilov AV, Sachse FB, Seemann G, Zhang H
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Multi-scale modelling and the IUPS physiome project.
- Authors: Crampin EJ, Smith NP, Hunter PJ
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- The IUPS Physiome Project: a framework for computational physiology.
- Authors: Hunter PJ
- Issue date: 2004 Jun-Jul
- Modular modelling with Physiome standards.
- Authors: Cooling MT, Nickerson DP, Nielsen PM, Hunter PJ
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 1
- Uncertainty and variability in computational and mathematical models of cardiac physiology.
- Authors: Mirams GR, Pathmanathan P, Gray RA, Challenor P, Clayton RH
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 1