Antibody structural modeling with prediction of immunoglobulin structure (PIGS)
Online Publication Date2014-11-06
Print Publication Date2014-12
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597587
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© 2014 Nature America, Inc. All rights reserved. Antibodies (or immunoglobulins) are crucial for defending organisms from pathogens, but they are also key players in many medical, diagnostic and biotechnological applications. The ability to predict their structure and the specific residues involved in antigen recognition has several useful applications in all of these areas. Over the years, we have developed or collaborated in developing a strategy that enables researchers to predict the 3D structure of antibodies with a very satisfactory accuracy. The strategy is completely automated and extremely fast, requiring only a few minutes (~10 min on average) to build a structural model of an antibody. It is based on the concept of canonical structures of antibody loops and on our understanding of the way light and heavy chains pack together.
CitationMarcatili P, Olimpieri PP, Chailyan A, Tramontano A (2014) Antibody structural modeling with prediction of immunoglobulin structure (PIGS). Nature Protocols 9: 2771–2783. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nprot.2014.189.
SponsorsThe authors are grateful to all the members of the Sapienza University of Rome Biocomputing Group for their help and assistance. We are thankful to the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for financial support.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- PIGSPro: prediction of immunoGlobulin structures v2.
- Authors: Lepore R, Olimpieri PP, Messih MA, Tramontano A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 3
- PIGS: automatic prediction of antibody structures.
- Authors: Marcatili P, Rosi A, Tramontano A
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 1
- Energy-based analysis and prediction of the orientation between light- and heavy-chain antibody variable domains.
- Authors: Narayanan A, Sellers BD, Jacobson MP
- Issue date: 2009 May 22
- Conformations of the third hypervariable region in the VH domain of immunoglobulins.
- Authors: Morea V, Tramontano A, Rustici M, Chothia C, Lesk AM
- Issue date: 1998 Jan 16
- Automated Aufbau of antibody structures from given sequences using Macromoltek's SmrtMolAntibody.
- Authors: Berrondo M, Kaufmann S, Berrondo M
- Issue date: 2014 Aug