Anisotropic Adhesion Properties of Triangular-Tip-Shaped Micropillars
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-F1-037-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597572
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDirectional dry adhesive microstructures consisting of high-density triangular-tip-shaped micropillars are described. The wide-tip structures allow for unique directional shear adhesion properties with respect to the peeling direction, along with relatively high normal adhesion. © 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationKwak MK, Jeong HE, Bae WG, Jung H-S, Suh KY (2011) Anisotropic Adhesion Properties of Triangular-Tip-Shaped Micropillars. Small 7: 2296–2300. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/smll.201100455.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Basic Science Research Program (2010-0027955), WCU Program (R31-2008-000-10083-0), and Center for Biomimetic Mechanical Systems (KRF-J03003) through the National Research Foundation of Korea. This work was supported in part by the Institute of Advanced Machinery and Design of SNU and Award No. KUK-F1-037-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Vertical anisotropic microfibers for a gecko-inspired adhesive.
- Authors: Tamelier J, Chary S, Turner KL
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 12
- Anisotropic dry adhesive via cap defects.
- Authors: Khaled WB, Sameoto D
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Stretchable, adhesion-tunable dry adhesive by surface wrinkling.
- Authors: Jeong HE, Kwak MK, Suh KY
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 16
- Hierarchical macroscopic fibrillar adhesives: in situ study of buckling and adhesion mechanisms on wavy substrates.
- Authors: Bauer CT, Kroner E, Fleck NA, Arzt E
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 23
- Rectangle-capped and tilted micropillar array for enhanced anisotropic anti-shearing in biomimetic adhesion.
- Authors: Wang Y, Li X, Tian H, Hu H, Tian Y, Shao J, Ding Y
- Issue date: 2015 May 6