Amphiphilic hollow porous shell encapsulated Au@Pd bimetal nanoparticles for aerobic oxidation of alcohols in water
KAUST Grant NumberCRG-1-2012-LAI-009
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597502
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015. This work describes the design, synthesis and analysis of an amphiphilic hollow mesoporous shell encapsulating catalytically active Au@Pd bimetal nanoparticles. The particles exhibited excellent catalytic activity and stability in the aerobic oxidation of primary and secondary alcohols to their corresponding aldehydes or ketones in water when using air as an oxidizing agent under atmospheric pressure.
CitationZou H, Wang R, Dai J, Wang Y, Wang X, et al. (2015) Amphiphilic hollow porous shell encapsulated Au@Pd bimetal nanoparticles for aerobic oxidation of alcohols in water. Chem Commun 51: 14601–14604. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5cc05686a.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21390394), the National Basic Research Program of China (2012CB821700, 2011CB808703), NSFC (21261130584, 91022030), “111” project (B07016), Award Project of KAUST (CRG-1-2012-LAI-009) and Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Development Center Project (20120061130012).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Catalytic activity and regeneration property of a Pd nanoparticle encapsulated in a hollow porous carbon sphere for aerobic alcohol oxidation.
- Authors: Harada T, Ikeda S, Hashimoto F, Sakata T, Ikeue K, Torimoto T, Matsumura M
- Issue date: 2010 Nov 16
- Janus N-Doped Carbon@Silica Hollow Spheres as Multifunctional Amphiphilic Nanoreactors for Base-Free Aerobic Oxidation of Alcohols in Water.
- Authors: Dai J, Zou H, Shi Z, Yang H, Wang R, Zhang Z, Qiu S
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 3
- Au/Pd core-shell nanoparticles with varied hollow Au cores for enhanced formic acid oxidation.
- Authors: Hsu C, Huang C, Hao Y, Liu F
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 1
- Development of an amphiphilic resin-dispersion of nanopalladium and nanoplatinum catalysts: design, preparation, and their use in green organic transformations.
- Authors: Uozumi Y, Yamada YM
- Issue date: 2009
- Pd(ii)-hydrotalcite-catalyzed oxidation of alcohols to aldehydes and ketones using atmospheric pressure of air.
- Authors: Kakiuchi N, Maeda Y, Nishimura T, Uemura S
- Issue date: 2001 Oct 5