All-Inorganic Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics Employing Solution-Phase Halide Passivation
Sargent, Edward H.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-009-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA new solution-phase halide passivation strategy to improve the electronic properties of colloidal quantum dot films is reported. We prove experimentally that the approach leads to an order-of-magnitude increase in mobility and a notable reduction in trap state density. We build solar cells having the highest efficiency (6.6%) reported using all-inorganic colloidal quantum dots. The improved photocurrent results from increased efficiency of collection of infrared-generated photocarriers. Copyright © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationNing Z, Ren Y, Hoogland S, Voznyy O, Levina L, et al. (2012) All-Inorganic Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics Employing Solution-Phase Halide Passivation. Advanced Materials 24: 6295–6299. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201202942.
SponsorsThis publication is based in part on work supported by Award KUS-11-009-21, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), by the Ontario Research Fund Research Excellence Program, and by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada. We thank Angstrom Engineering, Inc. and Innovative Technology, Inc. for useful discussions regarding material deposition methods and control of the glovebox environment, respectively. The authors thank Xihua Wang for helpful discussions; Daniel Paz-Soldan, Ghada Koleilat, and Susanna Thon for measurement asisstance; and E. Palmiano, R. Wolowiec, and D. Kopilovic for assistance during the course of study.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- 10.6% Certified Colloidal Quantum Dot Solar Cells via Solvent-Polarity-Engineered Halide Passivation.
- Authors: Lan X, Voznyy O, García de Arquer FP, Liu M, Xu J, Proppe AH, Walters G, Fan F, Tan H, Liu M, Yang Z, Hoogland S, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 13
- Colloidal-quantum-dot photovoltaics using atomic-ligand passivation.
- Authors: Tang J, Kemp KW, Hoogland S, Jeong KS, Liu H, Levina L, Furukawa M, Wang X, Debnath R, Cha D, Chou KW, Fischer A, Amassian A, Asbury JB, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Solar cells based on inks of n-type colloidal quantum dots.
- Authors: Ning Z, Dong H, Zhang Q, Voznyy O, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 28
- Hybrid passivated colloidal quantum dot solids.
- Authors: Ip AH, Thon SM, Hoogland S, Voznyy O, Zhitomirsky D, Debnath R, Levina L, Rollny LR, Carey GH, Fischer A, Kemp KW, Kramer IJ, Ning Z, Labelle AJ, Chou KW, Amassian A, Sargent EH
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Improved performance of colloidal CdSe quantum dot-sensitized solar cells by hybrid passivation.
- Authors: Huang J, Xu B, Yuan C, Chen H, Sun J, Sun L, Agren H
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 12