Lively, Ryan P.
Dose, Michelle E.
Brown, Andrew J.
Koros, William J.
Chance, Ronald R.
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-I1-011-21
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597485
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlcohol (methanol, ethanol, 1-propanol, 2-propanol and 1-butanol) and water vapor adsorption in zeolitic imidazolate frameworks (ZIF-8, ZIF-71 and ZIF-90) with similar crystal sizes was systematically studied. The feasibility of applying these ZIF materials to the recovery of bio-alcohols is evaluated by estimating the vapor-phase alcohol-water sorption selectivity. © 2013 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationZhang K, Lively RP, Dose ME, Brown AJ, Zhang C, et al. (2013) Alcohol and water adsorption in zeolitic imidazolate frameworks. Chem Commun 49: 3245. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c3cc39116g.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Department of Energy under Award Number DE-FOA-0000096 and by Algenol Biofuels. W. J. Koros is grateful for Award no. KUS-I1-011-21 made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) as financial support.
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- What makes zeolitic imidazolate frameworks hydrophobic or hydrophilic? The impact of geometry and functionalization on water adsorption.
- Authors: Ortiz AU, Freitas AP, Boutin A, Fuchs AH, Coudert FX
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 7
- Biofuel purification in zeolitic imidazolate frameworks: the significant role of functional groups.
- Authors: Zhang K, Nalaparaju A, Chen Y, Jiang J
- Issue date: 2014 May 28
- Highly tunable molecular sieving and adsorption properties of mixed-linker zeolitic imidazolate frameworks.
- Authors: Eum K, Jayachandrababu KC, Rashidi F, Zhang K, Leisen J, Graham S, Lively RP, Chance RR, Sholl DS, Jones CW, Nair S
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 1
- Water-based synthesis of zeolitic imidazolate framework-90 (ZIF-90) with a controllable particle size.
- Authors: Shieh FK, Wang SC, Leo SY, Wu KC
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 19
- Adsorption and removal of phthalic acid and diethyl phthalate from water with zeolitic imidazolate and metal-organic frameworks.
- Authors: Khan NA, Jung BK, Hasan Z, Jhung SH
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 23