Accounting for Interference, Scattering, and Electrode Absorption to Make Accurate Internal Quantum Efficiency Measurements in Organic and Other Thin Solar Cells
KAUST Grant NumberKUSC1-015-21
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAccurately measuring internal quantum efficiency requires knowledge of absorption in the active layer of a solar cell. The experimentally accessible total absorption includes significant contributions from the electrodes and other nonactive layers. We suggest a straightforward method for calculating the active layer contribution that minimizes error by subtracting optically-modeled electrode absorption from experimentally measured total absorption. (Figure Presented) © 2010 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
CitationBurkhard GF, Hoke ET, McGehee MD (2010) Accounting for Interference, Scattering, and Electrode Absorption to Make Accurate Internal Quantum Efficiency Measurements in Organic and Other Thin Solar Cells. Advanced Materials 22: 3293–3297. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/adma.201000883.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the Center for Advanced Molecular Photovoltaics (Award No KUSC1-015-21), made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) E.T.H. is supported by the National Science Foundation GRFP and the Fannie and John Hertz Foundation.
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Efficiency enhancement of organic solar cells using transparent plasmonic Ag nanowire electrodes.
- Authors: Kang MG, Xu T, Park HJ, Luo X, Guo LJ
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 15
- Photocurrent generation in nanostructured organic solar cells.
- Authors: Yang F, Forrest SR
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Semitransparent organic photovoltaic cells with laminated top electrode.
- Authors: Lee JY, Connor ST, Cui Y, Peumans P
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 14
- Singlet exciton fission-sensitized infrared quantum dot solar cells.
- Authors: Ehrler B, Wilson MW, Rao A, Friend RH, Greenham NC
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 8
- Optical materials: Self-assembly reaches new heights.
- Authors: Kippelen B
- Issue date: 2004 Dec