A simultaneous confidence band for sparse longitudinal regression
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-CI-016-04
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597409
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFunctional data analysis has received considerable recent attention and a number of successful applications have been reported. In this paper, asymptotically simultaneous confidence bands are obtained for the mean function of the functional regression model, using piecewise constant spline estimation. Simulation experiments corroborate the asymptotic theory. The confidence band procedure is illustrated by analyzing CD4 cell counts of HIV infected patients.
CitationMa S, Yang L, Carroll RJ (2012) A simultaneous confidence band for sparse longitudinal regression. STAT SINICA 22. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.5705/ss.2010.034.
SponsorsThe authors thank Shuzhuan Zheng and the seminar participants at the University of Michigan, Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia State University, University of Toledo, University of Georgia, Soochow University, University of Science and Technology of China, and Peking University for their comments on the paper. Ma and Yang's research was supported in part by NSF Awards DMS 0706518, DMS 1007594, an MSU Summer Support Fellowship and a grant from Risk Management Institute, National University of Singapore. Carroll's research was supported by a grant from the National Cancer Institute (CA57030) and by Award Number KUS-CI-016-04, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The detailed and insightful comments from an associate editor and two referees are gratefully acknowledged.
PublisherInstitute of Statistical Science
PubMed Central IDPMC3583240
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Simultaneous Inference For The Mean Function Based on Dense Functional Data.
- Authors: Cao G, Yang L, Todem D
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 1
- Spline Confidence Bands for Functional Derivatives.
- Authors: Cao G, Wang J, Wang L, Todem D
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 1
- Tolerance bands for functional data.
- Authors: Rathnayake LN, Choudhary PK
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Varying Coefficient Models for Sparse Noise-contaminated Longitudinal Data.
- Authors: Şentürk D, Nguyen DV
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Comparison of Hyperbolic and Constant Width Simultaneous Confidence Bands in Multiple Linear Regression under MVCS Criterion.
- Authors: Liu W, Hayter AJ, Piegorsch WW
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 1