A Palladium-Catalyzed Vinylcyclopropane (3 + 2) Cycloaddition Approach to the Melodinus Alkaloids
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-11-006-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597366
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA palladium-catalyzed (3+2) cycloaddition of a vinylcyclopropane and a β-nitrostyrene is employed to rapidly assemble the cyclopentane core of the Melodinus alkaloids. The ABCD ring system of the natural product family is prepared in six steps from commercially available materials.
CitationGoldberg AFG, Stoltz BM (2011) A Palladium-Catalyzed Vinylcyclopropane (3 + 2) Cycloaddition Approach to the Melodinus Alkaloids. Organic Letters 13: 4474–4476. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ol2017615.
SponsorsThis publication is based on work supported by Award No. KUS-11-006-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The authors wish to thank NTH-NIGMS (R01GM080269-01), Amgen, Abbott, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Caltech for financial support. A.G. gratefully acknowledges the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada for a PGS D scholarship. Christopher Henry, Hosea Nelson, Kristy Tran, Florian Vogt, and Scott Virgil (Caltech) are thanked for helpful guidance. Lawrence Henling and Dr. Michael Day (Caltech) are gratefully acknowledged for X-ray crystallographic structural determination. The Bruker KAPPA APEXII X-ray diffractometer was purchased via an NSF CRIF:MU award to the California Institute of Technology, CHE-0639094. The Varian 400 MHz NMR spectrometer was purchased via an NIH grant (RR027690).
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
PubMed Central IDPMC3155617
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Diastereoselective synthesis of tetrahydrofurans via Palladium(0)-catalyzed [3 + 2] cycloaddition of vinylcyclopropanes and aldehydes.
- Authors: Parsons AT, Campbell MJ, Johnson JS
- Issue date: 2008 Jun 19
- A concise and versatile synthesis of alkaloids from Kopsia tenuis: total synthesis of (±)-lundurine A and B.
- Authors: Arai S, Nakajima M, Nishida A
- Issue date: 2014 May 26
- Synthetic Strategy toward the Pentacyclic Core of Melodinus Alkaloids.
- Authors: Goli N, Kallepu S, Mainkar PS, Lakshmi JK, Chegondi R, Chandrasekhar S
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 16
- Synthesis of substituted tetrahydrocyclobuta[b]benzofurans by palladium-catalyzed substitution/[2+2] cycloaddition of propargylic carbonates with 2-vinylphenols.
- Authors: Yoshida M, Ohno S, Namba K
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 16
- Synthesis of (+)-solenopsin via Pd-catalyzed N-alkylation and cyclization.
- Authors: Suzuki K, Hattori Y, Kawamura A, Makabe H
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 18