A one-step carbonization route towards nitrogen-doped porous carbon hollow spheres with ultrahigh nitrogen content for CO 2 adsorption
KAUST Grant NumberCRG-1-2012-LAI-009
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597365
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract© The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015. Nitrogen doped porous carbon hollow spheres (N-PCHSs) with an ultrahigh nitrogen content of 15.9 wt% and a high surface area of 775 m<sup>2</sup> g<sup>-1</sup> were prepared using Melamine-formaldehyde nanospheres as hard templates and nitrogen sources. The N-PCHSs were completely characterized and were found to exhibit considerable CO2 adsorption performance (4.42 mmol g<sup>-1</sup>).
CitationWang Y, Zou H, Zeng S, Pan Y, Wang R, et al. (2015) A one-step carbonization route towards nitrogen-doped porous carbon hollow spheres with ultrahigh nitrogen content for CO 2 adsorption . Chem Commun 51: 12423–12426. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5cc03945b.
SponsorsThis work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21390394), the National Basic Research Program of China (2012CB821700 and 2011CB808703), NSFC (21261130584 and 91022030), “111” project (B07016), the Award Project of KAUST (CRG-1-2012-LAI-009) and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Development Center Project (20120061130012).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Synthesis of nitrogen-doped hollow carbon nanospheres for CO2 capture.
- Authors: Feng S, Li W, Shi Q, Li Y, Chen J, Ling Y, Asiri AM, Zhao D
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 11
- Selective Low-Energy Carbon Dioxide Adsorption Using Monodisperse Nitrogen-Rich Hollow Carbon Submicron Spheres.
- Authors: Arif AF, Kobayashi Y, Schneider EM, Hess SC, Balgis R, Izawa T, Iwasaki H, Taniguchi S, Ogi T, Okuyama K, Stark WJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 9
- Monodispersed N-doped carbon nanospheres for supercapacitor application.
- Authors: Lee WH, Moon JH
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 27
- In situ one-step synthesis of hierarchical nitrogen-doped porous carbon for high-performance supercapacitors.
- Authors: Jeon JW, Sharma R, Meduri P, Arey BW, Schaef HT, Lutkenhaus JL, Lemmon JP, Thallapally PK, Nandasiri MI, McGrail BP, Nune SK
- Issue date: 2014 May 28
- Melamine-formaldehyde derived porous carbons for adsorption of CO<sub>2</sub> capture.
- Authors: Tiwari D, Goel C, Bhunia H, Bajpai PK
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 15