A Note on Penalized Regression Spline Estimation in the Secondary Analysis of Case-Control Data
KAUST Grant NumberKUS-CI-016-04
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrimary analysis of case-control studies focuses on the relationship between disease (D) and a set of covariates of interest (Y, X). A secondary application of the case-control study, often invoked in modern genetic epidemiologic association studies, is to investigate the interrelationship between the covariates themselves. The task is complicated due to the case-control sampling, and to avoid the biased sampling that arises from the design, it is typical to use the control data only. In this paper, we develop penalized regression spline methodology that uses all the data, and improves precision of estimation compared to using only the controls. A simulation study and an empirical example are used to illustrate the methodology.
CitationGazioglu S, Wei J, Jennings EM, Carroll RJ (2013) A Note on Penalized Regression Spline Estimation in the Secondary Analysis of Case-Control Data. Stat Biosci 5: 250–260. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12561-013-9094-9.
SponsorsJennings, Wei and Carroll’s research were supported by a grant from the National Cancer Institute (R37-CA057030). This publication is based in part on work supported by Award Number KUS-CI-016-04, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
PublisherSpringer Science + Business Media
JournalStatistics in Biosciences
PubMed Central IDPMC3975606
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Robust estimation for homoscedastic regression in the secondary analysis of case-control data.
- Authors: Wei J, Carroll RJ, Müller UU, Van Keilegom I, Chatterjee N
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 1
- Semiparametric Estimation in the Secondary Analysis of Case-Control Studies.
- Authors: Ma Y, Carroll RJ
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- A note on a nonparametric regression test through penalized splines.
- Authors: Chen H, Wang Y, Li R, Shear K
- Issue date: 2014
- Penalized spline smoothing using Kaplan-Meier weights with censored data.
- Authors: Orbe J, Virto J
- Issue date: 2018 Jun 25
- Penalized spline estimation for functional coefficient regression models.
- Authors: Cao Y, Lin H, Wu TZ, Yu Y
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 1