A nanoradio utilizing the mechanical resonance of a vertically aligned nanopillar array
KAUST Grant NumberKUK-F1-038-02
Permanent link to this recordhttp://hdl.handle.net/10754/597331
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA nanoradio based on the mechanical resonance of a nanomaterial has promising applications in terms of size reduction of an antenna and integrity of all components of a radio except a speaker. In this letter, a nanopillar array radio utilizing the mechanical resonance of a vertically aligned nanopillar array is realized by a reliable top-down method. By exploiting the field emission phenomenon, it was found that the nanopillar array functions as a radio with a demodulator without any electrical circuitry. The array of vertically aligned nanopillars increases the demodulated current and signal to noise ratio, and this fabrication method makes manipulation and positioning of nanostructures possible intrinsically for industrial applications. © 2014 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
CitationLee CH, Lee SW, Lee SS (2014) A nanoradio utilizing the mechanical resonance of a vertically aligned nanopillar array. Nanoscale 6: 2087. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c3nr04789j.
SponsorsThis study was partially supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MEST) (grant no. 2011-0028662, 2011-0005321 and 2010-0027050). S. S. L. acknowledges support from Brain Korea 21. S. W. L. acknowledges support from KAUST (award no. KUK-F1-038-02).
PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- Characterization of the cell-nanopillar interface by transmission electron microscopy.
- Authors: Hanson L, Lin ZC, Xie C, Cui Y, Cui B
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 14
- Metal-modified and vertically aligned carbon nanotube sensors array for landfill gas monitoring applications.
- Authors: Penza M, Rossi R, Alvisi M, Serra E
- Issue date: 2010 Mar 12
- Plasmonic nanopillar arrays for large-area, high-enhancement surface-enhanced Raman scattering sensors.
- Authors: Caldwell JD, Glembocki O, Bezares FJ, Bassim ND, Rendell RW, Feygelson M, Ukaegbu M, Kasica R, Shirey L, Hosten C
- Issue date: 2011 May 24
- Field Emission of ITO-Coated Vertically Aligned Nanowire Array.
- Authors: Lee C, Lee S, Lee SS
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 29
- Vertically aligned carbon nanopillars with size and spacing control for a transparent field emission display.
- Authors: Lee SW, Lee CH, Lee JA, Lee SS
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 18