KAUST Grant NumberK US-11-006-02
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA concise asymmetric, formal synthesis of (+)-hamigeran B is reported. A Pd-catalyzed, decarboxylative allylic alkylation, employing a trifluoromethylated derivative of t-BuPHOX, is utilized as the enantioselective step to form the critical quaternary carbon center in excellent yield and enantioselectivity. The product is converted in three steps to a late-stage intermediate previously used in the synthesis of hamigeran B.
CitationMukherjee H, McDougal NT, Virgil SC, Stoltz BM (2011) A Catalytic, Asymmetric Formal Synthesis of (+)-Hamigeran B. Organic Letters 13: 825–827. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ol102669z.
SponsorsThis publication is based on work supported by Award No. K US-11-006-02, made by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Additionally, the authors wish to thank NIH-NIGMS (R01 GM 080269-01), Abbott Laboratories, Amgen, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, and Caltech for financial support and Materia, Inc. for the kind donation of catalyst 8. Dr. Douglas C. Behenna is gratefully acknowledged for assistance in the preparation of the manuscript.
PublisherAmerican Chemical Society (ACS)
PubMed Central IDPMC3045637
CollectionsPublications Acknowledging KAUST Support
- An asymmetric synthesis of hamigeran B via a Pd asymmetric allylic alkylation for enantiodiscrimination.
- Authors: Trost BM, Pissot-Soldermann C, Chen I, Schroeder GM
- Issue date: 2004 Apr 14
- Palladium-Catalyzed Enantioselective Decarboxylative Allylic Alkylation of Cyclopentanones.
- Authors: Craig RA 2nd, Loskot SA, Mohr JT, Behenna DC, Harned AM, Stoltz BM
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 6
- A concise formal synthesis of (-)-hamigeran B.
- Authors: Jiang B, Li MM, Xing P, Huang ZG
- Issue date: 2013 Feb 15
- Enantioselective Approach to (-)-Hamigeran B and (-)-4-Bromohamigeran B via Catalytic Asymmetric Hydrogenation of Racemic Ketone To Assemble the Chiral Core Framework.
- Authors: Lin H, Xiao LJ, Zhou MJ, Yu HM, Xie JH, Zhou QL
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 18
- A short and concise asymmetric synthesis of hamigeran B.
- Authors: Trost BM, Pissot-Soldermann C, Chen I
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 21